Nirvana-WTF?

Mudhoney were the best band of their genre.

Never got my head around why people thought Nirvana were so good - and yes I do have some of their albums. They weren't bad - just not the legends they are made out to be because the singer blew his own head off.....

This whole thing is
a) getting us talking about Nirvana again=more record sales
b) getting us talking about Macca & the Beatles again=more record sales

Win Win for both parties. Regardless how much dung we throw at the walls of our cage.

Its quite difficult for skull fragments and brain matter to make a comeback especially when its last thoughts may have been 'I wonder if this'll work? (stolen from Grant Naylor).

mass199":2149lrs1 said:
Nirvana were a band for that generation.....

A narrow section of a generation iir. A small group of moshers thought they were great when I was at school, no one else really cared.

I remember the day when Cobain died. The small group of moshers were crying in the school corridor. My pals and me laughed at them..... a lot. Not my finest hour.

I never got to see them. I had tickets to see them at the NEC about 2 weeks after he shot himself :cry:

Seen Chilis twice. 1st at V, and they were great, 2nd at Earls Court, where they showed the crowd contempt, and although they played fairly well, was the worst gig I've ever been to.

I'm a bit am bit ambivalent about the Chilli Peppers, they really really do play well live and have done some great albums but they seem to have become a bit like the StoneS, kind of parodies of themselves.

Let's not speak of U2

dbmtb":3muaz4t3 said:

Mudhoney, Tad, Melvins, Alice in Chains, Green River, hell, even Soundgarden. There was MUCH better stuff coming out of the PNW at the time than Nirvana if you bothered to look for it.

For what it's worth, never mind was and still is a great pop record and it helped bring the demise of hair metal and a willingness of people to show some real though and emotion in music. I was 15 when I heard bleach and it gave me a new understanding of rock and what it could be.

Plus it opened my eyes much more to other music.

Mudhoney still spins when the vinyls get out as does a good blast of jack Pepsi.

What about this?
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IfYDeBsdUiU
Still brings a tear to my eye
:oops:

Back