Nirvana-WTF?

highlandsflyer":2lao3t54 said:
saw them a few times

Faith No More were much better at Reading, as were Chilis.

Dinosaur Jr anyone?

Pixies?

anything but the groanful angst of Kurt

One word joke, really

How was your life, Kurt?

Curt.

Kurt short?

The Pixies and Faith No More, now you're talking much better as a live experience :D

It is probably a couple of songs at most, and McCartney has a hell of a lot more of an edge in his career than people credit him with.

One of my pals worked on his estate for years, and apparently when some dignitaries attended a do put on by him supporting local development he has their drinks spiked with tranquillizers so they would all sit through an entire impromptu concert.

I still can't get over this, but it could be worse. They could let Paul Rodgers sing with Queen.

Oh ... hold on a sec ...

Very good.

He is an amazing singer, and he never pretends to be Mercury.

They would struggle to find such a talented singer, who brings his own spectacular skills and back catalogue to the party.

The Beatles own Nirvana in every way possible.

:)

Nirvana were a band for that generation....you needed to be a teen(grunge) in the early 90's to get it.

mtv unplugged showed they could play.

over 50 million records sales don't lie.

Ill agree with most of what was said above. However nirvana at reading were ******* awesome. Low on the bill, no one knew what to expect and never mind still hadn't hit the big time. The sun was shining and the mosh pit was one of the funnest I've ever been in.

By the time dinosaur jr came on the wind had picked up and the sound turned to shit.

But as I said elsewhere, damn this site has great taste in music :cool:

mass199":11ho8bla said:
Nirvana were a band for that generation....you needed to be a teen(grunge) in the early 90's to get it.

mtv unplugged showed they could play.

over 50 million records sales don't lie.

I was certainly not a teenager in the early 90s and I 'got' it, then again I had been listening to John Peel since around 1978 so perhaps that helped, mind you I never 'got' the Beatles or Led Zepplin or Jimi Hendrix, music is totally subjective, and arguing about which band is best is a bit redundant. I will say this however, having that chirpy little scouse cock-knocker singing songs that that are pretty much everything the Beatles music wasn't and defined a generation should be a crime.
Then again I like Kenickie so what do I know.

Back