RIP - Dr Alex Moulton

Indeed sad day - most of the commuter folders owe something to his designs.

Plus I learnt he was also behind the suspension of the original mini.

My first ever bike was a metallic red moulton mini that belonged to the neighbour but had snapped in half and my dad had it welded because we were too poor to buy a proper bike .

White twist grip baby and three full man size gears..and not forgetting the rear rack

secret_squirrel":7oxk1fe2 said:
Indeed sad day - most of the commuter folders owe something to his designs.

Plus I learnt he was also behind the suspension of the original mini.

I've a hunch that Mini suspension - from very hazy memories of Dad's old Clubman - and that of the Moulton bike use not dissimilar thinking (rubber "doughnuts", etc.).

You're absolutely right about small-wheeled commuter bikes - many owe some debt to Alex Moulton in design terms, suspension or not.

David

I am wondering if the hearse will pull up at the grave, and the onlookers will be puzzled at the 2x2 hole in the turf, until they start folding up the coffin.

True innovators just don't happen along every day, RIP.

The mini wouldn't have been so revolutionary if it wasn't for Alex Moulton's suspension design.

RIP :cry:

I didn't even know about the mini suspensuon connection until it was mentioned on the news.

One of the true greats of British History , I'm glad they are still making them to what seems a high demand :cool:

Back