ALL BECAUSE OF A PICTURE-A TRIBUTE BUILD FOR A NATIONAL HERO

Giom6":140mq8f7 said:
Cool pics Carl.

Sorry if this sounds stupid or naive, but is the Hardisty full suspension bike a GT, a re-badged GT or did they make it themselves?

Hey Gio, It was a Gt, given to him as part of the Sponsorship deal, From Hardisty Cycles for the Downhill Racing, simply adorned with Hardisty cycles Decals.

He was that thankful for the support from Hardisty cycles and the Family, after this, and when he recieved the international sponsorship deal with specialized, he insisited that the Hardisty cycles name and Logo went on his Specilized Race Jerseys, as a thank you to Mrs Hardisty and the Family for all there continued support.

A true Gentleman that never forgot where he came from.

:cool:

When the going gets rough.....

Attachments

• HARDISTY CYCLES AND JASON MCROY.jpg
    HARDISTY CYCLES AND JASON MCROY.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 1,649
sinnerman":1bulooz8 said:
Giom6":1bulooz8 said:
Cool pics Carl.

Sorry if this sounds stupid or naive, but is the Hardisty full suspension bike a GT, a re-badged GT or did they make it themselves?

Hey Gio, It was a Gt, given to him as part of the Sponsorship deal, From Hardisty Cycles for the Downhill Racing, simply adorned with Hardisty cycles Decals.

He was that thankful for the support from Hardisty cycles and the Family, after this, and when he recieved the international sponsorship deal with specialized, he insisited that the Hardisty cycles name and Logo went on his Specilized Race Jerseys, as a thank you to Mrs Hardisty and the Family for all there continued support.

I don't think you would see that these days. I think most people would forget about their humble beginnings and/or be told by marketeers that it wasn't allowed.

A true gent in deed.

Giom6":3mt8wvvk said:
sinnerman":3mt8wvvk said:
Giom6":3mt8wvvk said:
Cool pics Carl.

I don't think you would see that these days. I think most people would forget about their humble beginnings and/or be told by marketeers that it wasn't allowed.

A true gent in deed.

Agreed....... :cool:

Attachments

• Original image photographed by Steve Behr..jpg
    Original image photographed by Steve Behr..jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,432
  • JMC SHREDDING THE DOWNHILL.jpg
    JMC SHREDDING THE DOWNHILL.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 1,432
Jason Finishesd Second after a Nasty Crash, at the Nemba Race series. Round four, at Kentmere.

(World Cup pics to follow.)

Attachments

• NEMBA-North Face, Round 4, Kentmere..jpg
    NEMBA-North Face, Round 4, Kentmere..jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 1,212
sinnerman":18nofypc said:
Jason Finishesd Second after a Nasty Crash, at the Nemba Race series. Round four, at Kentmere.

Where did you get that pic from? got a side on pic from the same race?

nevadasmith":2ff96dtk said:
sinnerman":2ff96dtk said:

Where did you get that pic from? got a side on pic from the same race?

No Sadly, i wish i had. ;)

Adrian, the only other photos i have of Jason riding the salsa in my archive files are these, sadly still doesnt show a side shot of the bike though..!

Attachments

• (LEFT) JMC riding a Salsa Ala Carte..jpg
    (LEFT) JMC riding a Salsa Ala Carte..jpg
    150 KB · Views: 1,042
  • JMC SALSA WITH COMPLEMENTING BONTRAGER FORK.jpg
    JMC SALSA WITH COMPLEMENTING BONTRAGER FORK.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 1,042

Another stunning build to add to the long list of stunning builds :cool:

Can i ask, why does the bike have a disc drive when the original doesn't appear to have had one? Just curious ;)

Re: .

Grannygrinder":3a2k9pul said:
Another stunning build to add to the long list of stunning builds :cool:

Can i ask, why does the bike have a disc drive when the original doesn't appear to have had one? Just curious ;)

Cheers for your comments and thoughts James.

To answer your question,

Jasons Mbuk and Specialized History is well documented sadly the Hardisty History isnt, the whole Journey was a Rainbow chase from the outset.

Because of this, getting an Exact build specification came down to collective opinion and images of Jason racing and Training.

Hence why i built the bike with twice tbh.

The first build (Non disc Drive) is as accurate as i can make it based on the first riding image of Jason on this thread onboard the Hardisty, it was this Picture that sparked my interest and inspiration for the build.

Although the build was inspired by a single picture, given everything i learned along the way, and the fact it was a Tribute Build, i felt a second build was justified and be the perfect tribute.

Given the info i had, his taste, and choices it only seemed fitting to build the bike with Grafton and Tioga, so the decision to include a Disc drive, chainrings, brakes and cranks for the second build were made.

Believe it or not the tyres were the hardest thing to decide on, no one could remember and no image was defined enough, 2 sets were decided upon, and actually there are 3 pairs of wheels for it, the third set are Mavic CDs which are the ones i use to ride it.

(see pics.) The first image is was the pic that started it all, the second My interpretation of that picture, the third....... the Tribute build.

Attachments

• WITH TRAINING WHEELS..JPG
    WITH TRAINING WHEELS..JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 902
  • HARDISTY 2..jpg
    HARDISTY 2..jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 902
  • Hardisty 1..jpg
    Hardisty 1..jpg
    65 KB · Views: 902
  • long_live_the_king_205_124.jpg
    long_live_the_king_205_124.jpg