1989 Orange Formula - pic update

Formula

Enjoyed this thread so much too. I have a similar classic early Ritchey frame, that the thread has inspired me to restore in similar fashion.
I would hardly dare ride it now, it belongs in the Orange' museum of fame ;) Well done.

nevadasmith":2cvibcfa said:
sinnerman":2cvibcfa said:
Im dying to know did you buy a Pump in the end and get it colour coded...?

That would be the "pies de resistance" for me, with this build.

:cool:

No - i have an aversion to pumps :twisted: (long story of incompetence on my part :roll:)

I see. :cool:

what do you use instead of a pump...?

sinnerman":dxfezpse said:

Mmmmmmmm pies de resistance

sinnerman":37p1vvhs said:
nevadasmith":37p1vvhs said:
sinnerman":37p1vvhs said:

No - i have an aversion to pumps :twisted: (long story of incompetence on my part :roll:)

I have a small mini pump thing. BITD I did a race on salisbury plain with a full length pump stashed behind the seat tube like I'd seen it done in the magazines - except this wasn't california it was salisbury plain. It wasn't until half way through the last lap that I realised that the pump had been worn through with clay soil stuck to the tyres :evil: I was totally knackered by then :LOL:

nevadasmith":12v63dkz said:
sinnerman":12v63dkz said:
nevadasmith":12v63dkz said:
sinnerman":12v63dkz said:

I have a small mini pump thing. BITD I did a race on salisbury plain with a full length pump stashed behind the seat tube like I'd seen it done in the magazines - except this wasn't california it was salisbury plain. It wasn't until half way through the last lap that I realised that the pump had been worn through with clay soil stuck to the tyres :evil: I was totally knackered by then :LOL:

I one did a fifty mile reliability trial, lost the pump in the first 20 mins, got 25 miles in, got a flat, lost the pack, and had to walk for 25 miles, (before mobile phones) and not a bloody phone box in site.., i know how it feels.

Re: Formula

Wold Ranger":1nuy12ob said:
I would hardly dare ride it now, it belongs in the Orange' museum of fame ;) Well done.

Nooo!

Ride it! It can always be repainted again :cool:

Back