1990 Marin Pine Mountain Restoration

Update: Been having all kinds of trouble finding the correct grey. Tried a few, but all have been wrong.

Now looking at the RAL colour range, specifically RAL 7046 (Telegrey2)

RAL_7046_th.jpg-35013168558374e7da01da8622.jpg

Hoping to have it sorted very soon.

Finally..... My frame is back!

Had all kinds of trouble trying to recreate the Zolatone finish, but think we got it pretty close. And very happy with the RAL 7046 (Telegrey2) colour match.

Frame.jpg

Frame2.jpg

Frame3.jpg

Will start working on the decals tonight, and get stuck into the rebuild this week. :D

Cheers!

That's looking pretty good! What was used for the "zolatone" finish? Also is your mate looking for more work!

I'll need to ask him for the details again. He did tell me, but it went straight over my head.

He is very interested in taking requests for more work; that's the business he's in, and as a very keen road cyclist, spraying bikes is what he'd much rather be doing.

PM me if you'd like his contact details.

Cheers.

Loving this.....might be the trigger that means I take my current PineM off the road and properly sort out the tatty zolatone! May be a request from me for a respray soon......! :)

Just let me know.... I think my paint chap is going to be busy with Zolatone recreation next year by the look of things! :cool:

Decent looking finish is that. With this and the powder coated one on the other thread we might be getting somewhere near. :cool:

Back