Impressed by Islabike!

petitpal

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Just bought an Islabike (16") for my son for Christmas, only cost a £100 from eBay and I'm hugely impressed. The build quality and components are lovely (proper bearings and everything). Also lots of really thoughtful details like scaled down tubing and gripson the handlebars so that small hands can use them.

Quite a few people at work have commented how it looks like an adult's bike but small - well, the ones that didn't ask if I ridden it in (yes - 20 miles on a 16" bike.... :shock: ).

So - just wanted to spread the love really. Hugely impressed and well worth the wonga, I'd say. :)

petitpal":na37nbyf said:
Just bought an Islabike (16") for my son for Christmas, only cost a £100 from eBay and I'm hugely impressed. The build quality and components are lovely (proper bearings and everything). Also lots of really thoughtful details like scaled down tubing and gripson the handlebars so that small hands can use them.

Quite a few people at work have commented how it looks like an adult's bike but small - well, the ones that didn't ask if I ridden it in (yes - 20 miles on a 16" bike.... :shock: ).

So - just wanted to spread the love really. Hugely impressed and well worth the wonga, I'd say. :)

:shock: 20 miles on it!!

A very lucky little boy, I'd love to get a larger one for my 8 year old, not the funds at the mo, lovely bikes though.

Alison

Well, they had a relay team riding one around for 24 hours in the slop at Mountain Mayhem this year:
ScreenShot2012-12-12at143750.png

Now that's impressive :shock:

All the best,

Yes, they are really excellent. Now have 3 of them :xmas-big-grin:

danson67":dvz750qx said:
Well, they had a relay team riding one around for 24 hours in the slop at Mountain Mayhem this year:
ScreenShot2012-12-12at143750.png

Now that's impressive :shock:

All the best,

Wow! Shows the quality, I think. Not many children's bikes you could do that on. Have discovered it lacks grip when fast cornering in the office kitchen, but that might just be me :oops:

Just bought my boy a rothan balance bike and am also well impressed. So much so ill be getting my girl one too, but second hand.

John":1jevsces said:
NeilM":1jevsces said:
John":1jevsces said:
Yes, they are really excellent. Now have 3 of them :xmas-big-grin:

One for each foot, and a spare?

One for each child and the next size up...

This is where it starts, next thing you know they are 25 and have more bikes in your garage than you do.......

Keep up the good work ;)

Latest posts

Back