Unidentified Tange Prestige Frame - Help Needed

I presumed that 2350 gramms was for both Frame and Forks ...
But I will get it weighed in the next few days

If it is, it will probably be the lightest steel frame and forks in the world. I'm fairly certain 2350g will be the frame only and the forks will be another 800g to 1200g.

@xerxes
It defo does not feel like the lightsest steel frame in the world :LOL:
So I would say you are right and it is probably the weight of just the frame

Will check soon

It can't be a ritchey :D
First the weight of the frame (really too heavy), and there's not the specific design of a ritchey frame for the seatpost collar area : On all the ritchey, the seatpost are not weld directly on the seat tube, but on the "seatpost clamp hole"

@Rod_Saetan
Ok you seem very sure ...
Do you have any pictures etc to prove this ?
As I have never seen a Ritchey frame that resembles this one..

I don't have a picture of one similar, nor have I ever seen one in real life or on the net, but why would they write 'Ritchey' on it if it wasn't a Ritchey? Irrefutable I'm sure you will agree.

You're welcome.

I'm 100% confident it's a Ritchey.

I'm 100% confident it's not. :p

At 2350g, about 5.2lb, it's a bit heavier than the very lightest steel MTB frames, which can be as low as ~2000g/~4lb, but once built up I think you'd be hard pressed to notice that extra 500g/1lb. It's quite possible you might actually prefer the ride quality of a slightly heavier/stiffer frame if you were able to try them back to back.

The fact that it uses Ritchey dropouts and not plain, unbranded ones means it's probably a fairly decent frame and Like I said, well worth building up and trying out. The nickel/chrome finish, not sure what it is, is rather nice too. :D

Back