Scum villages - a bit defeatist?

We already had 'scum villages' they are the council estates built outside london post ww2 used for slum clearance. I'm not saying all council estates are like this, far from it, however I'm sure we all
Know of one or two estates that are 'no go zones'. For me Britwell in slough comes to mind, with a high proportion of naughty people.

I believe we need a far stricter welfare state with mandatory public/national service. However I'm also an armchair politician with no idea how this would be implemented and funded.

The home counties town I grew up in had 'scum streets' which served much the same purpose. In the midst of some generally decent estates, there'd be culdesacs that you just wouldn't enter, with bonfires in the middle of the road and naked kids running round brandishing hammers and wrenches. The housing associations had known dumping grounds for people who'd been evicted from elsewhere after too many complaints.

As far as welfare goes, there are plenty of measures that should be brought in, but they'd all be rejected as an "abuse of human rights". Such is progress.

Geert Wilders has some good ideas but also some bad, I do agree removing foreigners out of the country if they are criminally active, The Netherlands will be quite a bit more quiet then.

Funny how films of the past become our reality...........and they say tv doesn't influence you that much ;) mad max here we come.... :p

Wasmachineman NL":2rzk1282 said:
Geert Wilders has some good ideas but also some bad, I do agree removing foreigners out of the country if they are criminally active, The Netherlands will be quite a bit more quiet then.

Hitler had come good ideas...

Right wing scum Wilders is a stain on the population of an otherwise cosmopolitan and egalitarian society.

A little like Britain's pet fascist Nick Griffin, although he has relatively faint support.

highlandsflyer":3oyxse5j said:
Wasmachineman NL":3oyxse5j said:

Hitler had come good ideas...

Right wing scum Wilders is a stain on the population of an otherwise cosmopolitan and egalitarian society.

A little like Britain's pet fascist Nick Griffin, although he has relatively faint support.

Didn't he have an affair with an illegal immigrant?

I'm also a very firm believer in immigration restriction as well. although i would prefer 1 of 'theirs' in, 2 of 'ours' out.

I'm too young to have seen the changes to the uk made by the west indian and asian immigrants of the 50s and 60's but I have seen the changes as eastern europeans have settlet here over the last 15 years.

they've come and taken all the jobs not done by the feckless and lazy. they've done them well and are starting to integrate quite nicely.

gavinda":3u8u3wd2 said:
they've come and taken all the jobs not done by the feckless and lazy. they've done them well and are starting to integrate quite nicely.

I beg to differ on this one, In my job i deal with lots of different people on a daily basis, people who are minimum wage mostly and i have to say the most unpleasant ones i have to deal with are foreigners who work over here. Now i'm the type of bloke who will chat to anyone, but some of the people i meet are down right ignorant, rude, and angry towards brits, which i'm sorry but if i was trying to make a new life in a foreign country are 3 of the last things i would be.

Back