Yodel destroy frame

Seems they're quite right with what they say on their website. They make CityLink look good.

Yodel":21v5n7k5 said:
Introducing Yodel : Here comes the revolution. With creative thinking and a cheery smile, we’re changing the way your parcels are delivered.

;)

Chris, I've got a nice Trek you can have.

The incredible thing is that you'd struggle to bend a frame like that deliberately. :shock:

rosstheboss":4od5qbwh said:
Bloody hateful company, I think a phone call to Watchdog may be in order!
I would definitely contact WatchDog from my understanding they are very keen to hear from Yodel customers and as you have before/after pics even better. I NEVER EVER USE YODEL AT ALL

B77":87k3ic5m said:
Bloody hell, that's not good at all. After a couple of incidents with sending bits and bobs I've started taking before and after photos just in case. Ok it's a bit anal but there is little the courrier companies can do to wriggle out of it if you have proof it's their fault.
I had 2 Landcruiser doors delivered once, heard the truck pull up and watched the guy tip the pallet off the back crumpling the frames and smashing both windows. Bastards.
I take LOTS of pics of everything I ship, including various stages of the packaging process. Likewise, I do the same with all packages I receive, including various stages of the un-packing process. There's almost no excuse not to take so many photos when digital cameras make it so easy to do. In addition, tracking and insurance are mandatory for everything I send or receive.

If that were my bike, though, pics or not, I think I'd take it to the shipping company and jam it up someone's @$$ if they didn't give me a refund on the spot.

Well Ray refunded me immediately he saw the pics I took so other than being very pissed off as I really wanted to build that bike I am not out of pocket.

Ray has put his claim in with Yodel so we will see how long it takes him to get a refund out of them.

I sent Watchdog an email with the pics so we will see if they are interested in any ore info.

I used HDN/yodel once as their price was by far the cheapest (20kg oversized parcel booked by parcel2go) and it was going from my office to another office - you get less problems that way. Otherwise I have never chosen to use them, why bother when another company is miles better for only a few £££;s more? Not worth the risk IMHO.

Update.

Just heard from Parcel2go via whom I booked Yodel - refunded in full. This covered postage costs and value of frame. :D

Not a bad result in three weeks.

Would use Parcel2go again to book a carrier, but not so sure about Yodel!

Thats great news mate, I doubt it will make Yodels service any better but hopefully everyone who has read this thread will avoid using them in future.

gerryattrick":3entbhuo said:
Update.

Just heard from Parcel2go via whom I booked Yodel - refunded in full. :D

Not a bad result in three weeks.

Would use Parcel2go again to book a carrier, but not so sure about Yodel!

Great news mate, just to clarify though, did that include compensation for the destroyed frame?

Back