BOTM Dec 2012: FAT Vs Klein Vs Yeti

Status
Not open for further replies.
unkleGsif":16tjhnjr said:
Klein/Yeti/Fat implies equality between them.... VS implies an out an out dog fight, which is why the thread got so bitchy

G

By that logic, "Yeti, Fat Chance, and Klein BOTM" thread title would have kept things civil?

Doubtful.

holdi":m0yvpxay said:
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG

more pics here http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpost.php?p=8244557&postcount=520

Very Nice :cool:

Blimey, looks like a full on manufacturer publicity shot of the Yeti :shock:

Is the front mech cable routing meant to be like that, it just looks strangely untidy :? but its still gorgeous :cool:

tis meant to be like that yes - see build thread for better pics as to 'why' it has to be that way :D Shifts super smooth though so no problems there.

Silverfish":1vvovehq said:
Back to the bikes ;)

Amen to that :)

Apart from the cuisine/gas money sideline this month has been moderately civil and indeed mostly positive I think. I don't see the Vs thing as acrimonious and apart from some cultural differences that may not travel well in the digital medium theres nothing here thats not been seen before in other months. The Vs concept wasn't devised to pit fanboy against fanboy rather than for everyone to enjoy a close fought( in the most respectful and sporting terms) competition by inviting bikes of a similar standard to enter. I'd ask folks to follow this month as a stand alone thread and not as an extension of the elitist thread also going on and remember it is meant to be fun.

Excellent! Another Yeti at last and a beautiful one at that. Also great to see the Rainforest and also the first Rascal in the mix - made my day!

I definitely have enjoyed this 'battle of the brands' and personally would look forward to another similar themed BOTM some point in the future - it has seemed to inspire an amazing standard of entries and there's still a nice wide variety of bike styles on show.

I'm bored of the negativity. :roll:

So, I'll say again, GREAT month! Fantastic to see some real superbikes here.

This is a real ferrari/maserati/lambo month for me; not so much a contest between brands, but more of a showcase of 3 legendary brands, and the fine job people have done modding/restoring them. :D :D

I'm not normally a fan of fats, nor singlespeeds for that matter, but that monster...

BOTM is an awesome way of seeing the 'hidden' retrobikes.

Ten thumbs up from me!

My_Teenage_Self":256nbt4e said:
I'm not normally a fan of fats, nor singlespeeds for that matter, but that monster...

Agreed! - that's definitely on the shortlist for my vote - out of all the bikes on show, I wouldn't hesitate in choosing that over the others for a proper marathon ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back