Five steps of RetroBiking...(so far)

Which number is now?
d) (My case especially) when you unwrap the item and realised its the wrong colour, size etc.
I would add that each time you get some small bit in wrong size / colour you immediately start building a new bike to find all 198 parts matching it :D [/quote]

and

another one - when you enter the bike shop you are invisible for salesmen since they see your bike. They realise you are not the customer any longer as they don't sell 15 years-old stuff.... hopeless.

being asked to see a therapist because of:

or_to_put_it_another_way_149.jpg

gibbleking":3h32n324 said:
28. the bike you spent ages building to pefection thus becomes too good to ride.....so you then build another one not realising the same will happen again....... :D

29. Having spend too much money and too much time and wrong parts (wich sold for too less) the bike is ready and people ask: Why did you buy that old bike instead of a new one.

30. Going to view a possible purchase from a chap that just wants rid of his 'no longer used/loved/wanted bike' and watching his eyes glaze over as you witter on about retro's for far too long. Usually ends with said bloke shoe-horning you off his property while you cast longing looks over your shoulder at his classic push iron. :oops: :oops: :oops:

31. You justified a new build based on the reasoning that you wanted a second bike to ride when No. 1 was down for maintenance, but No. 2 is now too nice to ride (can't have the XT bits getting dirty or worn).

32. You started collecting spare bits on the premise/hallucination that they'd allow you keep your favorite ride operationa for an extended period and be cheaper than buying another bike. First it was used spares for just the drivetrain components, then it was NOS spares for everything, then multiples spares, just in case, and now you have a spreadsheet of your "good stuff" hoard, properly indexed, annontated, and cross-referenced, in it's own file folder right next to the bank statements and retirement planning stuff.

33. You hoard of "tidy spares" is worth a new car (and your beginning to wonder about insuring it like one).

34. You take a week's vacation just to stay home and play with bikes.

35. You've got one or more builds comprised of bits from 3 or more continents.

36. You implore the seller of your most recent purchase to package it carefully with extra bubble wrap for its transoceanic trip!

Started with 1 two years ago, built my second a year ago, bought a 3rd a month ago, and bought a spare parts bike that is about to become No. 4.
Am I addicted? Nah, not yet. I figure if I ride more, longer and farther I'll have less time to to buy/collect.

...abandon all hope, ye who enter here....

Not in anyway involved as the thread pre-dates me, so in some respect I feel I am unjustified in posting..........

but.........

37. Realise JUST how much time/money you have wasted in the past year and a half, and vow a new years resolution to NOT BE SUCH A NERD, AND CUT DOWN ON THE BLOODY FORUM! :shock:

;) G

Might have been done before but:

39- Realise that many of the posters on the first page are not about now or don't post much even though you do. :oops:

Back