1993 Raleigh Dyna-Tech Diablo RS

Latest decent pic I have,

Taken on on Butser Hill during a 50 mile ride, we rode to Winchester after the pic and had a huge BBQ at the mother-in-laws. Yum Yum!

I will have to go out and get some pics of the current bike as its flying along and really turning heads!

Attachments

• SDW Sept.jpg
    SDW Sept.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 897
Found some pics from 1994, here they are

Attachments

• Diablo RS 1994 1.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 1.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 879
  • Diablo RS 1994 2.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 2.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 876
  • Diablo RS 1994 4.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 4.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Diablo RS 1994 5.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 5.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 877
  • Diablo RS 1994 6.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 6.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 875
  • Diablo RS 1994 9.jpg
    Diablo RS 1994 9.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 877
Well it time to say goodbye after 20 years, after riding some of my other bikes it is very apparent that the flex in the frame is affecting performance. Out of the saddle the bottom bracket really swings as I pump up the hills and the rear wheel feels like its trying to steer sometimes.

Below is the last pic I have taken of the bike on Butser hill, I am really pleased with the way it looks.

I have bagged a 94 Torus to replace the frame and I am currently swapping all the parts over.

This frame will stay with me, I am tempted to rebuild it to original spec and take it for an occasional ride but will need to find the time etc.

farewell to a good friend.......

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 771
I think the flex makes for such a comfortable ride - at the expense of performance.

Lovely bike and I hope the Torus serves you well.

Is this frame flex something that develops with age / usage?

Beautiful bike. As a 93 M Trax rider I was always envious (to the point of drooling) of the Dynatech range, and have been considering whether I can (or should) get my M Trax Ti repainted in a 93 Dynatech colour scheme!

ultrazenith":3fy6zxyi said:
Is this frame flex something that develops with age / usage?

Beautiful bike. As a 93 M Trax rider I was always envious (to the point of drooling) of the Dynatech range, and have been considering whether I can (or should) get my M Trax Ti repainted in a 93 Dynatech colour scheme!

I guess the frame is flexy from the outset .
You missed out on an MT5 recently

ibbz":21wbzyt0 said:
I guess the frame is flexy from the outset .
You missed out on an MT5 recently

I did? I already have my own 93 M Trax Ti 400 waiting to be rebuilt, anyway. I have no idea what MT number that makes it. I'm a bit of a noob regarding the technicalities.

Is the Dynatech seat post steel, alu, or ti?

Hi,

Don't worry about your frames this frame has really gone through hell for 20 years and out lasted every other component on the bike. Winter road riding (salt) has done the most cosmetic damage, the paint on the aluminum is now really pealing due the white powdery corrosion of the aluminum.

Yes frame has got more flexible with age, its has done thousands of miles with me on it and I have had some big frame crunching crashes on it. I owned a 92 Raleigh Summit before the Diablo and I bent two frames, these frames are very much stronger than the Raleigh K2 tubed frames from the previous year. I am a big and powerful rider (use to throw the discus and Javelin for Hampshire) and this frame has done itself very proud indeed.

Its feels very strange going round a corner hard (on road & slicks) and you can feel the wheels doing different things as you ride over the bumps. I don't know if its the metals or the joints or both but it is too flexible for performance riding especially riding up hills. The M-Trax CroMo 1000 I am selling has so much more drive up the hills it make the Diablo feel poor. You really can feel the difference between the frames ability to transfer your pedal power in to back wheel drive.

Absolutely stunning frame and a real joy to ride and own, I will be using the frame to rebuild a 100% original spec 93 Diablo RS (apparently quite rare) and I will be taking out for gentile rides, I can't say goodbye!

Glad you like it........

Back