1997 Explosif

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After a fairly lengthy search, I managed to buy this excellent example of a 1997 Explosif frame in 18”.

Thanks must go out to ernie for his helpful bump that he gave my Wanted post. I was away at the time with no access to a P.C….. when I returned home, there was a response to my post that led to me getting hold of this frame.

Many of you will know this frame when it was owned by Wadsy, so I should probably apologise for not doing it the same amount of justice compared to his various builds!

Explosifframe091212_3.jpg

ExplosifDS_1101212.jpg

ExplosifF101212.jpg

Pip.

:D :D very nice mate..i must admit this "gold" colour is the best in my opinion..i am glad you got what you wanted..the best comes to those who wait ;)

Happy Xmas sweet cheeks :LOL:

Ernie ;)

magas":2fm8tdod said:
very lovely :cool:

how's the SID set - 63 or 80 mm - would assume 63 mm :roll:

Yeah set to 63mm - 430mm Crown to Axle. TFT have serviced all my SIDs, and I get them adjusted to suit whatever bike they end up on.

Pip.

very nice Pip, looks crispy sharp.

.. do you know the exact year/model of the sids? got some 99/00 for my 98 KK for now but think i may get somthing a bit more modern in the long run. A fork that can be set to 430mm would be ideal.

Chris

dablk":chs7u3zl said:
very nice Pip, looks crispy sharp.

.. do you know the exact year/model of the sids? got some 99/00 for my 98 KK for now but think i may get somthing a bit more modern in the long run. A fork that can be set to 430mm would be ideal.

Chris

These SIDs are World Cup 2004 - I've got versions from just about each year they were produced.

This site is mainly in German, but it gives you an idea of each type until they went to 32mm Stanchions.

http://www.light-bikes.de/website/new/2 ... ckshox-sid

Pip.

Nice one Pip :) good to see it back on RB.

Cheers

Back