need some forks - rigid or suspension

simonlovell99

Senior Retro Guru
I am building up a steel charge duster and looking for some forks. I dont know which I want to go for either carbon or steel rigid - if steel something comfortable for all day use on the trail. have used pace rc31 and exotic carbon forks both feel nice. tried p2s felt horrible. Or the suspension option, I did buy some maverick sc32s which I wanted but that fell through - steerer too short. something nice, plush around 100mm. have had plenty of mazocchi mx series over the years - they feel ok when you get them right (air pressures, oil levels). dont like fox because of there service intervals, pace are expensive, manitou (manipoo!), magura forks - not sure. so any help would be appreciated

thanks

As far as Manitou goes, I have a set of Minute 29 forks on my Top Fuel 69er and I rate them quite highly - they took a while to break in from new but now I seem to have them pretty well sorted.

Magura are lovely forks, right from the Asgard and Phaon to the newer stuff like the Menja. Nicely engineered and a pleasure to work on IME.
They do love their mythological names for forks, do Magura.....

I saw the 26" Minutes on CRC at £150, maybe a bargain?

Haven't ridden Manitou much since the early days.

I have no experience with Magura forks, but I have a set of Ronin on the way and should be acquiring some Thors from a member here soon.

Looking forward to messing around with them.

What sort of budget are you planning on?

I am looking to spend no more than £120. I was looking at the salsa cromoto's. they look nice. Or go for exotic carbon forks at £120.

Back