Gios Torino Super Record

Lucky man - that's lovely. I've also got an old Brooklyn jersey so I suppose I need a bike to match. My first retro bike purchase was a (fake) Gios.

The other winner was the first one to do it - 'De Keizer van Herentals'.

ededwards":1i9rlnyv said:
Trvia time - De Vlaeminck is one of only three riders to win all the Monuments in their career. Who are the other two?

big eddy is one and hardly a suprise,i dont know the other ,but sean kelly came damn close.and is just missing out on flanders

matthew71":1vvghq21 said:
ededwards":1vvghq21 said:
Trvia time - De Vlaeminck is one of only three riders to win all the Monuments in their career. Who are the other two?

big eddy is one and hardly a suprise,i dont know the other ,but sean kelly came damn close.and is just missing out on flanders

The Keizer van Herentals! I just said it... He was the first one, too.

Did the seller tell you when you purchased? If not, did he have an explanation for not telling it?

Elev12k":1pks43wp said:
Did the seller tell you when you purchased? If not, did he have an explanation for not telling it?

No, he told me after he shipped it. Over 3 weeks after I paid. I asked why he didn't tell me before and he gave a poor explanation about being busy, not having a box etc. Of course that didn't stop other bikes being advertised at the same time.

To add to the above, it turned up dreadfully packed with the forks sticking out of the bottom and the wheel axles out of the side. It wasn't damaged but only by luck.

I have contacted him since. He says it will be reasonably easy to remove the stem (I've already tried the usual methods) but has been silent since I asked him how. I'm sure I'll get it out but a bit disappointing really although thankfully the bike is otherwise fine.

Sometimes also known as 'Rik II'. The only rider to win every classic, with Eddy failing to notch up Paris-Brussels.

The old mechanic who fixes up my car told me that his father in law used to be a fairly good domestic racer BITD and regularly raced against both Rik I and Rik II, and different times. He has one of his old race bikes in the back of the garage somewhere. I've been at him for ages to dig it out and bring it in so I can at least see it, but he never gets round to it.

I was just checking a small detail on the build, Ed. Some jewelry will be on its way for the Gios soon ...

Johnsqual":1p8bzd74 said:
Lucky man - that's lovely. I've also got an old Brooklyn jersey so I suppose I need a bike to match. My first retro bike purchase was a (fake) Gios.

The other winner was the first one to do it - 'De Keizer van Herentals'.

complimenti,è uno splendido pezzo della storia ciclistica mondiale!
sure I've not to translate....
don't be afraid for the stuck stem,go with coca cola!

Back