Help request - advice from the recent dads please

Electric breast pump, and reusable nappies. Saves 100's in the first year! A bit of cleaning is probably most appreciated too, so find a hoover you like and get on with it...

As a Christmas present specifically, you could book a photo shoot for her and baby in some where like mother care.

She doesn't realise it yet and I know it's been mentioned but just giving her some "her" time in the first few months and with the first is invaluable

failing that a photgraph of her and the baby through a professional

or perhaps even a montage video of before during and after the pregnancy( word to the wise, no clunge shots, they get funny about people seeing them)

what about..if she has some good girly friends she can do this with..pay for a girly weekend away? new mums especially when it is their first rarely are prepared for just how much it envelopes them and they lose all feminity so instead of wearing prada they tend to wear baby sick so some time to natter and feel their is some of her old self around is often achievable from a girly weekend?

Concur with the time off suggestion.

Either get hold of her mates and get them to give you a slot in their diaries in 6 months time as a definate date as mentioned above or do up a "baby free day" voucher in PowerPoint and give it to her.

She may not appreciate it now but she will in a few weeks.....

Time, sleep, rest in general. She may say she hates pamper weekends but that may have changed by the time she has given birth and had some sleepless, painful nights. You can get massage packages at spas specifically for new mothers, which are very good according to the wife (she works with new mothers and children), also baby massage courses are nice too. Good luck and godspeed buddy, the next few weeks are going to be amazing!!!

rienster":sy4urwap said:
How about a good bottle of wine? I'd say she's certainly deserved it after nine months.

Ah! This is a great idea. Although my wife didn't abstain from drink completely, she did give up all the discouraged foodstuffs during the pregnancy. Unpasturised cheeses, pâté, shellfish and a bunch of other stuff.

So after the baby arrive I brought her a mini hamper full if stinky cheese and loads of other goodies to eat during her time in hospital. This was a lovely teat anyway, but also meant eh could avoid the hospital food.

Back