what else do you collect ?

I've been a long time collector of too many things :), however my long time and ongoing passion is Vintage Menswear (suiting, in particular) - I have wardrobes (plural!) full of vintage menswear, ranging from Bespoke suits and Overcoats to vintage (Bow)Ties and Ascots/Cravats. I also enjoy a well made shoe, preferably lace-less and well *read: obsessively* polished :D.

I also enjoy collecting and using; Vintage Watches (mechanical, '30's - 70's), Guitars (acoustic mainly), Vintage Hi-Fi equipment, Vinyl, Books, Various Antiquities - Furniture/Art/Glass/Textile, etc...

RustyGold":3mm7pvin said:
I've been a long time collector of too many things :), however my long time and ongoing passion is Vintage Menswear (suiting, in particular) - I have wardrobes (plural!) full of vintage menswear, ranging from Bespoke suits and Overcoats to vintage (Bow)Ties and Ascots/Cravats. I also enjoy a well made shoe, preferably lace-less and well *read: obsessively* polished :D.

I also enjoy collecting and using; Vintage Watches (mechanical, '30's - 70's), Guitars (acoustic mainly), Vintage Hi-Fi equipment, Vinyl, Books, Various Antiquities - Furniture/Art/Glass/Textile, etc...
well,you are from Wales. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

RustyGold":b1q3a8t3 said:

My dress suit was made for my father in 1953, I have worn it to many functions, including the Savoy Grill, and nearly boiled over, as I believe there is an inner felt lining.

main.php

This pic was taken a while ago - the cabinets full now :oops:

I Collect Oakley frogskins (the originals and modern plastic hinged) - Now own 14 pairs, numerous oakley hoodies and T-shirts

corsarob":3usr4y7f said:
well,you are from Wales. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

For my sins ;)...I've yet to build a sheep collection though, my terraced house barely fits me! I can't imagine a flock moving in :D hehe.

NeilM":3usr4y7f said:
My dress suit was made for my father in 1953, I have worn it to many functions, including the Savoy Grill, and nearly boiled over, as I believe there is an inner felt lining.

That is the way it should be, NeilM. It's great to know that a bespoke piece is still in the family of the original client and moreover getting used in the manner in which is was intended.

Who was the tailor? Double breasted? single? three piece? -- give me the deets, man! :D.

highlandsflyer":2no9f69c said:
NeilM":2no9f69c said:
Bows (of the archery type).

I own eight compound, three Hungarian style and a recurve. I also have several hundred arrows to suit the various bows.

To be fair, they all get used... well, most of them do, and I do have a couple too many, one compound I bought as it was cheap and another was one from when I was a staff shooter, but until I get around to selling a couple, they are all in my spare room. :oops:

This is a sport I want to get into. I have always felt pretty happy with my performance when I have had a go, but never got into it regularly.

Thanks for reminding me, probably a great time of year to acquire some gear! :)

I'm also an archer (target) and if you'd like to get into archery in 2013 best getb a place booked now.
The club where I shoot have closed the books until march 2014 due to several films and the Olympics creating demand.

As well as arrows though I seem to be collecting off cuts, of pretty much anything.
Wood of all kinds, even though I'm not a carpenter or even into wood work.
Metal even some engineering stock, though I no longer have a lathe or any machinery.
Tubing of all kinds?

I'm just glad it's not a hoarding issue.

David B":1rt1nt46 said:
Awkward Kid":1rt1nt46 said:
legrandefromage":1rt1nt46 said:

Me to :LOL:

Anyone else? Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust....

;)

David
I collect dust too!

And weird computers ofcourse, Some time ago I had an Panasonic Toughbook, you know the ones who British Telecom uses, the tablets, Pretty nice thing except: parts are nowhere to find here in The Netherlands, you have to find them in the US.

these buggers...i have over a 100 in total incuding an 11x11 rubiks cube which is the second largest in the world..

Attachments

• IMG_20121212_141413.jpg
    IMG_20121212_141413.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 290
Back