Unusual MTB Frame And Forks

looks like the rear wheel does not need the extra space made by the interupted seat tube, looking at the placement of the brake bosses, so a bit pointless.....but it does look very pleasing to the eye for some reason....... :D

It's a french frame builder named "Explosiv' "
He made only steel frames and work on the elasticity. These frame didn't need suspension.
He built some specific frame for Trial too ;)

24pouces":1eyz28n0 said:
It's a french frame builder named "Explosiv' "
He made only steel frames and work on the elasticity. These frame didn't need suspension.
He built some specific frame for Trial too ;)

Interesting.Is there any links you know of to his work ?

exploziv8xc.jpg

"Exploziv was created in Seillons by Pascal Blanc in 1996. Manufactures bikes that are like no other. These bikes show an originality that made ​​them successful. Exploziv is a small company that is growing day by day. To learn more, I went in his interview Pascal Blanc local Seillons: Interview with Pascal BLANC. 1) Since when are the?? Exploziv There existed since 1996. 2) Why are you doing this job? I like mountain biking 3) What do you make as ATV? I make the dual, trial, cross, touring, tandem. 4) How do you know these bikes to? On the press, the races, sponsor and on the internet. 5) How do you make them? frames welded and assembled his hand ... 6) What are the characteristics of your bike? Unlike the classic bicycle Exploziv are designed on a computer. This method can make frames with flexible suspension without rear shock. 7) Did you compete Yes: France Cup and European Championship. " the latest news, it no longer exists.

http://forum.velovert.com/topic/79247-e ... -explosif/

Nice interesting frame!

Another with interesting seized seatpost removal: http://www.vttpicard.com/t9867-vtt-explosiv

Seems Pascal liked to engineer flex in one direction by using parallel narrow tubes.

Looking forward to this one :)

Always liked the oddities, would love to here how much rear travel it has.

If it did flex under the weight of the rider (on the open diamond shape) surely it would flex (if it does flex) the brake bosses out of line.

Back