Honest opinions please...

Raleigh.

+1 for white, and i would either go silver quill or black post.. nice overall machine.. trouble is when you try too hard to replicate the past, it sometimes doesn't suit, many restored bicycles today are way over the top.. not in this case.. plain white would be best imo and maybe a white rolls or regal..

the tricolour looks magnificent - and having chopped up 3 roles of tape to achieve it you'd better finish the job!

Good move, looks ace

This bike is crying out for a set of Athena brake calipers to match the rest of the groupset. These calipers are the best part of the whole set.

Centurion_Cinelli_brake_caliper.jpg

Agreed, the Athena calipers are lovely and on my shopping list although I'm being somewhat distracted by Christmas and the expenditure that it brings.

Watch this space!

wallonie11":2lx8hftd said:
the tricolour looks magnificent - and having chopped up 3 roles of tape to achieve it you'd better finish the job!

Good move, looks ace

+1, looking good there. When I saw the mention of "before" and "after" I was worried at first that you might have done away with the excellent original Nottingham paint job. Thankfully not. :)

David

bit late to this one, white tape for me, but what you have done with the tricolour is ok, but as mentioned amber wall tyres always look best, used to love the open corsa cx but...you cannot beat tubs for giving the best look and ride, sorry you did ask

i tend to prefer tape in black or white, and more often black because being black it looks good for longer, that's my preference.

in your case that first design of tape i have to say i have always hated, in whatever 2 or 3 colours it is. the red white and blue however i thought looked great before i realised the reason for it, meaning the team connection.

:cool:

Back