Spoke availability for Tioga front hub

Rio

Retrobike Rider
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all,
anyone who knows if you can get spokes that will fit a tioga front hub (straight pull)? How do you calculate spoke length for this very nice hub?
Any help would be great! :LOL:

I'm pretty sure CannondaleKing built mine using the straight ended spoke as used for a Pulstar hub, I think these were the only option at the time, however......he had to drill the holes in the hub out by 0.2mm or something silly because the spokes were too thick....not a job he enjoyed :LOL:

pm him and I'm sure he can point you in the right direction or even build the wheel for you.

thanks jango! I allready send him a pm this afternoon :LOL:
great bike too by the way, were your wheels are build in!

Thread resurection alert :LOL:

Did you get your wheel rebuilt getting one of these hubs and other than it making a lovely paper weight can they be done?

poweredbypies":7d9xofd5 said:
Thread resurection alert :LOL:

Did you get your wheel rebuilt getting one of these hubs and other than it making a lovely paper weight can they be done?

they can be done, but I didn't. when I heared that you need either custom spokes from DT or titan spokes, I decided not to buy the tioga hub (both options are very expensive). Those hubs are cheap for a reason, apparently... They look very cool though, maybee even as a paper weight :LOL:

Thread re-resurrection.

Does anyone have advice on calculating spoke length for a straight pull spokes for these Tioga hubs? I have a source of spokes, but can't figure out how to calculate what length I'll need.

kingoffootball":1dvasexb said:
Thread re-resurrection.

Does anyone have advice on calculating spoke length for a straight pull spokes for these Tioga hubs? I have a source of spokes, but can't figure out how to calculate what length I'll need.

good question! hope someone can help... were did you find spokes? are they custom made?

Back