Boardman Cougar team GAN replica-ish

thanks for that! they'd be perfect, although i suspect they will go for big money but i'll have a punt and see what happens :D

i've seen BIN prices that are very high though, i realise they don't always sell for that BIN but it gives an idea of the selling value, also because these come up rarely it means the price could go either way, high cos someone is desperate for them or low cos no one wants then! :? and i have some big bills this month already so buying those would be very naughty of me if they do go high! :shock:

thought i'd update this again as i have got a few more things sorted on it.

first the brakes, i couldn't get the sachs levers to work with the bar set up, so they had to go, i picked up some cheap dia-compe bar end levers and because of the lever design the cable doesn't go through the inside of the bar but it is underneath the bar tape and looks pretty neat, probably more so when the profile bars are fitted, i have some Profile Century ZB bars, modern but they'll do for now till i find something more in keeping. the brakes are surprisingly powerful aswel.

the gears, bit of a nightmare, i originally built this with a 115mm b/b, this gave a pretty good central chainline but the front mech hit the inside of the crank arm, or if adjusted rubbed the chain constantly, also the short chainstays meant that the inside of the crank arm where the pedal thread is catches the chain still at the 10 o'clock position, i decided to sacrifice the chainline to suit the top ring more, currently there is a 122.5mm b/b in the bike, vast improvement and does still work ok in the inside ring although it still catches the inside of the bottom of the crank in top gear, short chainstays being the issue i think but the front mech problems seem to be a lot less but still need more tweaking.

another thing i am not 100% happy with is the stem. mainly because the bolts do up from the bottom, looks neat and tidy but if they failed the bar would drop straight onto the front wheel which i am sure would cause an awful crash but prices of stems in 26.0mm seem to be daft so this will do for the moment, it just doesn't inspire confidence!

anyway, here's a few pics :D

Attachments

• cbc1.jpg
    cbc1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 1,014
  • cbc2.jpg
    cbc2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • cbc3.jpg
    cbc3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,014
  • cbc4.jpg
    cbc4.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,014
more :D

Attachments

• cbc5.jpg
    cbc5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 974
  • cbc6.jpg
    cbc6.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 974
  • cbc7.jpg
    cbc7.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 974
so i've done a little more to this, one of the things that really was bugging was the miss-matched wheels. so i decided to rip apart a pair of wheels i have with record hubs and rebuild them with a pair of matching velocity rims, well apart from the size difference.

there are some other things i need to sort aswel, i'd prefer a nicer seat post and i have a set of mavic profile bars but there are a couple of shaped washers missing so i can't fit them yet.

anyway here's an picture update
:)

Attachments

• cougar tt4.jpg
    cougar tt4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 888
  • cougar tt3.jpg
    cougar tt3.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 886
  • cougar tt2.jpg
    cougar tt2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 888
  • cougar tt1.jpg
    cougar tt1.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 888
finally got some spacers sorted, Cliff at Royce made them for me, he is such a superstar. these simple spacers enable me to use the mavic profile bars which mean this bike is pretty much all retro :D

i still want to get a nicer post and a better stem, preferably mavic and also a mavic headset.

if i can get fit enough i'll give it a blast in a 10mile TT next year just for fun :D

Attachments

• c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 755
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 755
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 755
Back