BOTM Dec 2012: FAT Vs Klein Vs Yeti

Status
Not open for further replies.
highlandsflyer":3udx5k2f said:
You shouldn't take a sardine to a whale dance.

That's one of the funniest things I have read recently.

Brilliant stuff.

Just my 2cents ......

Norwegians love frozen pizza.

The Grandiosa frozen pizza is unofficially named as the Norwegian national dish and each year Norwegians consume 20 million Grandiosa pizzas in addition to all the other frozen pizza brands on the market.

Lutefisk.

Traditional Norwegian seafood dish, and by some considered a delicacy. This delicacy is basically a fish that has been immersed in lye and rinsed in water.

Mmm frozen pizza & extremely strong pungent fish ...... Mmm

Some stunning bikes again this month.

But I wont be casting a vote.

al. :(

trail_head":23ahtpy4 said:
sinnerman":23ahtpy4 said:
videojetman":23ahtpy4 said:
hollister":23ahtpy4 said:
yeti-man":23ahtpy4 said:
yeti-man":23ahtpy4 said:
any123":23ahtpy4 said:
Ok then i will make a vote through a thought process which is i cant vote fat due to them being nothing inventive just steel or the same bike but in ti. I cant vote yeti because they just dont do it for me. so my only option is Klein due to the sheer beauty and inventiveness of this bike.

I can hear the aghast shouting already

thanks andy

So what you are saying is a bike like the YETI ULTIMATE, isnt inventive..?

nah.. the Ultimate is just a retro-engineering of the Gecko Genesis :roll:

:facepalm: im confident most know the story but please

explain to me how its RETRO engineering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reverse_engineering :LOL:

Ah sorry i didnt realise we were talking close encounters of the third kind..... :roll: Perhaps i missed the reverse engineering of the Hooped rear triangle, the oval top tube and the love triangle, on the Gecko.

Shit man where did i park my Delorean......... :LOL:
bmx, bmx, and the what?

I just hope that i can get the Delorean up to 88 miles per hour....! Its Kinda RETRO now you know and it was made in Ireland, by a Drug dealer, what hope do i have.....PMSL
this is great, i'm just seeing how many boxes in boxes we can get.
wouldnt be botm wothout a good debate.

Dont worry in time we can reverse engineer it...........PMSL.
If we all keep quoting this pointless and unwinable argument will it get so small that it doesn't matter? BTW, Amps are the greatest bikes.

Trimble piss over this lot by miles.

So many great bike on posted for BOTM.

As far as elitist I just don't see this at all, though some of the banter is amusing.

Back in the day I remember these bikes being desirable but not top end dream bikes (with a Ti Fat being an exception) like a Merlin or custom boutique steel or alloy frame.

Guess I just don't understand how this thread has moved from appreciating nice bikes to personal attacks.

Don't fight, unite!

Put a Raleigh grifter in the mix and those pussy bikes will look like yesterdays news brother..you now it

This thread has confirmed a few things for me, not least being that out of this 'big three' I have a clear favourite.

Fat Chance all the way. ;) I think the top four at least so far are all Fats.

The bald Klein (it's got nowt on top) has a certain attraction, as do the Dolomite colour scheme ones, though that is mainly just triggering a memory response, but the rest don't do much for me, nice as they are.

As for the Yetis, the green e-stay is gorgeous, but still not top three IMHO. :(

And Rado. You must have some serious Fat magic in your hands. :LOL:
That Monstercross Monster Fat is super tidy, as is Gazzs Wicked and don't you have a rather tasty Ti too? :cool:

Why, thank you. I've got Ti-Fat indeed, although best handling bike I ever had gotta be Wicked Lite IMO of course. I don't give a f-word what brand is more innovative, I just want ride bikes. Peace and enjoy your ride whatever bike you have as much as I do.
Enough talking bollocks, I'm going out on bike tonight.

IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG

more pics here http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showpost.php?p=8244557&postcount=520

Nice, another Campy adorned Klein :D Smooth shiny Campy bits really suit Kleins I think...

Radoslaw":3oeeefyq said:
Not really contest bike
I wouldn't say that mate - I can't imagine a much better setup for a proper marathon ride - it looks awesome!

..and given the turn this thread has taken I feel I should give an 'anti-elitist' angle on my Klein - I saved up for a good few months with my crappy Saturday job when I was a 16 to get my Pinnacle. £550 for frame, forks, headset and BB. 20 years on it's without question the best money I ever spent in my life (although to this day I'm still a bit gutted I couldn't afford the Horizon Fade Attitude that was hanging next to it in the shop!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back