Beer...

Got into real ale about a year ago and never looked back! Lager is only good for when it's really hot and you want something alcoholic. ;)

Every year there is a beer festival on my birthday in Portsmouth..... can you imagine? :D

I was on holiday in 'Steinsville' or Padstow as it was once known and whilst browsing in one of Rick Steins many outlets I saw a Beer made with nettles which allegedly leaves (geddit?) a tingle on the back of your pallette. Hugh-fearnley-whitstable or whatever the hell his name is was behind it with the badger brewery... forgot to go back and buy a bottle and haven't seen it since. :cry:

When I first got in the Uk I embraced the pub tradition, which sounded quite "romantic" coming from France: pints of Stella (often warm) or Guiness, sometimes 5 or 6 or maybe more but I won't remember that. Until I realised I didn't actually enjoyed the taste of it. Nor its effects.
Nowadays pretty much the only beer I enjoy drinking is white/weat. Kronenbourg Blanc is lovely with a fruity taste. Hoogarden of course, also Sainsburys do a very nice weat beer. Max 2-3 pints a night. I'll drink Grolsh, but if there's nothing else I'd rather have a diet Coke!

Leffe and other wheat beers are good stuff. Gives me a rinsing hangover if I have too many though...

Budvar is great for a mass produced beer, but don't forget the little poeple... Oakleaf down here in Gosport do some great brews along with Southwyck Ales too. Shame about Gales tho :( .

My mate's local boozer in Thornton serves Everards, "Everards Olde Urinal Swill" is what we call it! I guess Sunchaser (the beer!!) is a little easier on the taste buds...

Don't drink a lot these days, don't like the after effects and the empty wallet the next day too! But do enjoy a few bevvies and a laugh with pals.
Guinness is nice if it's got a tight white head and not a yellow one, decent bitter is ok too.

Abroad we tend to drink Amstells lager, in the Greek islands they pour it into a glass taken from the freezer... beautiful, cool and thirst-quenching!

:D

Back