1989 Orange Formula - pic update

flinkin blip that's bright! :shock: is that enhanced by photoshop or just with flash?

epic build though

:cool: :D

Now thats a very nice build there adrian,you gotta be pleased with the outcome of all that work....liking the wheels too...could do with a set of nos ma40's myself ;)

This thread has been so inspirational to how a bike can be saved and brought back to former glory when many would have ignored it and passed it on. Its a very special bike and sad that a some of its history has been lost over the years, but like all things special it will now see many more years and will now re-establish itself once again within the historical timeline of the MTB. Yes it is worthy of placing on a pedastal or becoming a museum piece but thats not how it was ever intended to be.

There is nothing better than to see these great builds getting used and maybe suffering a little abuse in the process.

What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D

Jussa":3em3r408 said:
What a great way to draw a close to 2012, and for me has to be the Bike Of The Year 2012 :D

Fully agree Justin,

I'd vote for it.... But sadly it won't happen as it would need to go into decembers BOTM and its not eligible this month... Perhaps BOTM & BOTY winner 2013

Certainly a special bike in its own right, regardless of accolades

Nick

Retro Spud":25rcga1y said:
Jussa":25rcga1y said:

Fully agree Justin,

I'd vote for it.... But sadly it won't happen as it would need to go into decembers BOTM and its not eligible this month... Perhaps BOTM & BOTY winner 2013

Nick

Total Agreement...... :cool:

sinnerman":2g6jaxjb said:
Excellent effort by Kevin to get the correct Tange Prestige Tube too i say. Keeps it authentic.... :cool:

Well done mate you saved a Legend. the Futures Bright, the futures ORANGE.

Looking forward to see pics of it in Action, and hearing your thoughts on the ride mate.

Well Done.

Thanks Carl - also for your encouragement (through bumping this thread every now and then!) and for the info that you've provided along the way!

warpedboy2":2g6jaxjb said:
Cor!

Can't wait to see it filthy!

Really enjoyed the whole thread, good effort. THIS is what it is all about.

Thanks for reading the thread - will post up used pics soon (hopefully got Friday off work :cool: )

Rick Draper":2g6jaxjb said:
Very nice, bet you are pleased with the end result. Nice tyres as well :D

Thanks Rick - thanks for sorting the tyres too! I really rate these as tyres - bags of grip :D

jonnyboy666":2g6jaxjb said:
flinkin blip that's bright! :shock: is that enhanced by photoshop or just with flash?

epic build though

:cool: :D

That's just the flash - it's bright! But the pearlescent kind of smooths it out - great effect and one I'm glad Kevin remembered and re-produced!

stocko":2g6jaxjb said:
Now thats a very nice build there adrian,you gotta be pleased with the outcome of all that work....liking the wheels too...could do with a set of nos ma40's myself ;)

Thanks Paul - I've pm'd you re were to find a pari of MA40s ;)

Rich":2g6jaxjb said:
What a journey, thanks for the ride along :D

:cool: Thanks for coming!

NeilM":2g6jaxjb said:
It looks so nice, it seems like a shame to
make it dirty ;)

:LOL: It's scuffing up the anno on those NOS rims that is a real shame :LOL:

makster":2g6jaxjb said:
Great effort. Looks fantastic now it's all built up.
Muddy pics next please :D

Thanks makster.

Jussa":2g6jaxjb said:
This thread has been so inspirational to how a bike can be saved and brought back to former glory when many would have ignored it and passed it on. Its a very special bike and sad that a some of its history has been lost over the years, but like all things special it will now see many more years and will now re-establish itself once again within the historical timeline of the MTB. Yes it is worthy of placing on a pedastal or becoming a museum piece but thats not how it was ever intended to be.

There is nothing better than to see these great builds getting used and maybe suffering a little abuse in the process.

Thanks Jussa - I think that we will get the full Orange story at some point - we (as in the site) has dug up a lot of info this year.

As for BOTM thanks for the kind words - my record isn't exactly great with that - lots of 'also rans' :LOL:

Retro Spud":2g6jaxjb said:
Jussa":2g6jaxjb said:

Fully agree Justin,

Nick

Yeah timing was a bit off there - I mean who's interested in YETIs, Kleins and FATs :roll: I'll have to have a word with the management!!!

That's a fine looking steed, I'll never get sick of looking at that classic Orange paint scheme. Good job rescuing a classic.

An Orange is definatley on my list of must owns at some point. Need to get a bigger house first though, the current one is rapidly filling up with Raleighs :LOL:

Back