Help request - advice from the recent dads please

grahame

Senior Retro Guru
I'm really struggling here.

My wife is about to produce our first offspring, due date is 21st December, so the call could come at any time.

Anyway, the issue is what the heck should I get her for Christmas? Usually, this has been a relatively easy decision, but this year I'm completely stumped for ideas.

So, recent (and not so recent) new dads, what did you get for the mother of your offspring in the first few weeks that was really appreciated?

to be honest i think she would rather appreciate you bought something for her from the baby such as one of them bronze footprint casts or a mother and baby photo session like thgose fancy acrylic prints with a plain white back ground that sort of thing, as in my experience it will be all about the baby from now on and if you go and get her a laptop or something she would thibk that you havent put much thought into it.
my wife is getting a shewee thhis year :LOL:

We had twins. Some time off was most appreciated! Try to arrange a pamper day somewhere nice.

Obviously this could be tricky/impossible depending on feeding method!

^ bingo! Time off and help from you are most important. Do as much as you can to pull her weight as well as yours. As said its al about the baby for now( and the next 18 years)

As I was working and she wasnt, the Mrs got up at night to do the feeding as I tried to sleep on. Come weekends, once baby started howling at 5am, she fed, I got up, got dressed, got the pram ready and went out walking the pram till about lunchtime while she caught up on her sleep. She reckoned that got her through it. Plus I got outdoors exercise and explored new areas on foot. And dont worry about the cold weather and winter - you will be colder than baby. Most of babies discomfort is from overheating due to too many blankets.

gavinda":320xna8f said:
^ ....Do as much as you can to pull her weight as well as yours.....

Its a good job our wives dont come here and read some of the thiongs we write about them..... :shock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

G

flowers, pamper days, going shopping for baby stuff and not moaning at the price ! Just be very generous
:D

Just to clarify - I'm looking specifically for Christmas gift advice.

She already has a gym subscription, hates "pamper days" (or always did before), and we have iPads, Kindles, etc. already.

What can I get her for Christmas?

Back