Curtlo Advanced Mountaineer

suburbanreuben

Old School Grand Master
This arrived the other day, and I've just finished building it up from the bits in the box, with the exception of my own wheels, bars and pedals.
The Rebas are in desperate need of new seals on the damper, but they still seem to work better than any Foxes I've owned. I like them! THey came as 85mm, but are 100mm travel in the pics. THis gives a BB height of 12.75". I'm trying to work out whether the frame is built to have a high BB or if it was designed around very short travel forks...
Testing, testing ...
AS it is, despite it's size, it's highly flickable, like a big green bogey!

Attachments

• DSC00351.JPG
    DSC00351.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,097
  • DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,097
  • DSC00354.JPG
    DSC00354.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,097
Nice find, cool builder, will bring a smile to your face

I love my Curtlo. It rides really well and though currently not built up, I cannot get myself to put it up for sale. It has a notable "zing" to the frame, and is very light too. And mine being a 29er it still manages to instill an old school flickable feel to the big wheels.

And dare I say it, it deserves better pics....

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":3dai3p5n said:
Nice find, cool builder, will bring a smile to your face

I love my Curtlo. It rides really well and though currently not built up, I cannot get myself to put it up for sale. It has a notable "zing" to the frame, and is very light too. And mine being a 29er it still manages to instill an old school flickable feel to the big wheels.

And dare I say it, it deserves better pics....

Enjoy!!
Yeah, but better pics will show what a hideous colour it really is!
But it is a fantastic ride , especially now I've sorted the forks. The workmanship is superb, and yes, the frame is very light; less than 2kg including the headset cups. Not bad for a 21"frame!
A new paint job is on the cards and it's a keeper!

Yeah, my large 29er come in below 2kg also, True Temper Ox Platinum tubing IIRC air hardening too. And well crafted, with purposeful bent and flared manipulated tubes. Ride wise I put mine on par with my pink Inde Fab with an old skool agile steering feel (aided by rigid forks).

So any comments on how yours compares to your Vicious/Soulcraft/Dekerf rides?

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":p0er4d3n said:
So any comments on how yours compares to your Vicious/Soulcraft/Dekerf rides?

Enjoy!!

After 3 weeks intensive testing I'm happy to say it rides as well as any of them! Loves the woods, steep hills, up and down, and just about anything else you throw at it, particularly more woods, roots and stuff!
Love it!

Attachments

• DSC00432.JPG
    DSC00432.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC00433.JPG
    DSC00433.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 720
  • DSC00435.JPG
    DSC00435.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 720
suburbanreuben":3eb34acv said:
I'm trying to work out whether the frame is built to have a high BB or if it was designed around very short travel forks...
Testing, testing ...

Curtlos often came with Action Tec forks which are short travel.

THE ARS":2ibc9b6n said:
suburbanreuben":2ibc9b6n said:
I'm trying to work out whether the frame is built to have a high BB or if it was designed around very short travel forks...
Testing, testing ...

Curtlos often came with Action Tec forks which are short travel.

True, but those Curtlos have 1 1/4 head tubes (and all Curtlos are custom geometry anyway).

Back