Surly Karate Monkey

think it is a 20 inch and I really like it, the front forks are no lightweights but it rides very well, planning on a few upgrades as this will be my main modern rider now. Surly really do do bikes well, nothing fancy but very well thought out and tough as old boots.

Same as mine even the size! Love it!! Can do pretty much anything on a KM :D good job as I sold two bikes and a frame to fund / donate parts for it!

here's an older pic before I was fully happy with mine.. I tried it with various silly bars (Fleegle, Marys etc.) and Reba sus forks but now settled with OE rigid forks, Midge dirt drop bars, BB5 cable discs, road STIs and a mech verter do-dah so I can use an Ultegra road mech. I sold the Brooks and fitted my trusty 8 yo Spesh BG saddle soon after!

575325_10150795970776171_586536170_12081141_131090456_n.jpg

cheers SM loving it esp with a bit of bounce up front for my old bones- Surly do know how to put a no nonsense bike together, it is still dirty from the last ride out so you have shamed me into going out and cleaning the old girl :oops:

Back