Raleigh Dyna Tech appreciation and information thread

Just saw one on eBay a Marin one in black with the roller

JACKPOT!!!!

Just been to the parents house......................

Attachments

• DSCF6338.JPG
    DSCF6338.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 474
Hiya, first post.....please be gentle. I have 3 Gary Fishers from the last century which I've enjoyed fettling. However, I've always had a hankering for a DynaTech road bike. I've just taken the plunge and picked one up off the bay. I'm trying to find out a bit more about Dynatechs in general. For the life of me I can't seem to find out where they were made. Could someone please enlighten me. I thought they were made in the UK but my mate tells me they came from the Far East.......

Oldaircool":74yhfv4n said:
Hiya, first post.....please be gentle. I have 3 Gary Fishers from the last century which I've enjoyed fettling. However, I've always had a hankering for a DynaTech road bike. I've just taken the plunge and picked one up off the bay. I'm trying to find out a bit more about Dynatechs in general. For the life of me I can't seem to find out where they were made. Could someone please enlighten me. I thought they were made in the UK but my mate tells me they came from the Far East.......

Made in England! Only the aluminium m trax and RSP Frames were made in Taiwan.

Thanks for that. Would youbhappen to know if there is any sort of forum dedicated to Raleigh or Dynatechs. I've got a Pashley Govenor and their forum is a really great source of info....

As far as I am aware this is the best, I have two Dyna's one owned from new.

What do you want to know? Lots of Dyna fans on this web site and one/some factory engineer/s from the special products division I believe.

Here's one - I think I should get rid of the Avid SD 7 brakes and/or levers, and replace them with some Cantilevers for a more appropriate look.

Now, I have no ideas about cantilevers, except the usual tales about them being difficult to set up.

What shall i go for to fit my MT4?

An old skool cantilever or a modern one?

Any suggestions?

I do like the look of the new Avid Shorty Ultimate's - but they seem to be geared towards Cyclocross - would they fit on my MT4? and which levers do they work with?

Cheers

Back