D

Steve has famously ridden a full black bike back in 1998 when he also took his first win at Snoqualmie Pass, so I'd stick to that theme, trying to build a bike as close to that. BUT!

I think an original polished frame is too bad to paint black, so I'd try to swap with one that is already black. It's just a suggestion. Maybe there are people who'd like a polished one and you don't care what color it is, since you're gonna paint your replica anyway.

Cheers,
Mx

Well its a nice idea but theres not many painted Lobo rear ends out there, and i'm sure even fewer people with painted rear ends willing to swap.

I've ordered some of the little Shimano sponser decals in the correct size and font. Still working on trying to get the kore ones and the GT in white with solid red borders. I've got a much fatter black spring on the back now, i'll try and get a picture up tomorrow.

I am pretty sure that bike wasn't with a back rear end. I had one, because of the owner before me and I hated it. Why would anybody paint billet aluminium flat black???

Mx

Interesting Pro Grip sticker - I wonder for what it stood, really. Also, I must wonder if that is a Dia Compe or an FSA headset in that color. I don't know if you know, but Mavic EX721 rims are the same as the D521s over here and you can get them in original black and don't need to paint them.

Mx

I already have black 521's that came on my Lobo. The headset is a Cane creek one. I have at least a dozen pictures where you can clearly see it, again I also have this on my Lobo...

Back