The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

I see you're selling your Albarry RF oscillators ;)

Why are you including antennas with the preamp?

apache":2gxdi5dd said:
I see you're selling your Albarry RF oscillators ;)

Why are you including antennas with the preamp?

Oh thanks for pointing out. Have now corrected it :D

Just got one of these from the tippy tip tip tip:

1047-ra-1000.jpg

I'm getting a shed load of hiss on high end vocals and the like (think esses sounding like the snake on the jungle book). It's only on Vinyl.

The setup is a Technics 1210 turntable on a Yamaha A-S500 amp with bi-wired Wharfdale Diamond 9.1s. It's on a stanton D500 cart and the vinyl is clean (and the needle appears to be too).

I'm pretty sure I've done something daft though the arm seems well balanced and it's not a constant hiss and only on the high end range. Mid and low seems fine. If anyone can point out the error of my ways (no matter how daft it may seem), please give me a shout.

LGF, I had to retire my Rotel amp last year - they sound lovely but mine developed a static fault around the volume and Main/ remote switches. Switch cleaner didn't fix it :cry:

At a guess, try winding the counter balance weight out a tiny bit so the cartridge end is 'lighter' plus check the angle of the needle - makes sure its not to the left or the right.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back