And today I did......

RobMac":1bkq8bnx said:
RobMac":1bkq8bnx said:
Don't know if I mentioned it to everyone (probably not) but over the last 12 months Ive been desperate to change my job.

Well today Ive been head hunted by a local business man to.

A. Work for him running one of his small businesses as a employee.
OR
B. Work for him running the above as self employed.
OR
C. Him selling the whole thing to me lock stock & barrel.

Its been a funny old day :shock:

Just did my first shift at my second/new job but get this he only went and offered me the use of the business van for MTB transport when ever I like. Im beginning to like my second/new boss :shock:

Did a 8.00am to 5.30pm shift without a break at the second/new job (my decision) and its been
very therapeutic for some reason :?

"Its been a funny old day :shock: "

Mr Panda":3gxnx1xl said:
^^^^^^^^

So how much are double glazed windows nowadays? :D

A'l look into it for you :shock:

And another thing, I had a shot of the new MacRetro Team transport/postman Pat mobile, and its great to drive with quite a high spec :cool:

Strained my back hauling sheep around on wednesday/thursday, as heavy as hay bales but they struggle as well,thus hurting now so not achieved much since. Thank god for Ibuprofen and whisky, not taken together I might add. Anyhoo today in preperation for the scary cold icy conditions the weather pundits are predicting I built a spiked ice tyre. Took ages and had to be redone when I put the 12mm long screws too near the edge. I recommend an electric screw driver as 60 screws takes a long time to fit into place. Backed the screw heads with an old slick mtb tyre I cut off the bead and some of the sidewall then pumped up to 35psi.
Result one scary looking tyre i pray I dont run anyone over with but hopefully will stop me losing the front end on ice :cool:

velomaniac":2w8noibz said:
Anyhoo today in preperation for the scary cold icy conditions the weather pundits are predicting I built a spiked ice tyre.

superb, is this a tried and tested modification or an experiment :?:

Its the commonly touted via the internet method, short wood screws. Simplest method but does result in a tyre thats as dangerous to the rider as those around them but at £7 for the screws, considerably cheaper than the purpose made tyres :D

Back