Terrys Chocolate Orange anyone? "Bluey" FINISHED

Right I decided to go to the source ... Middleburn themselves!

They have played with an RS3 and an RS7 that they had and get completely different results from me. They think it may be the spider at fault and have asked me to send them my set to examine.

I'm posting them back tomorrow. Hopefully they can resolve this issue. :?

Middleburn

That sheds some light on it, as to my mind the spider looks from a much earlier set of cranks, as those have a very large "offset".

On the rings though, I have also had problems with Middleburn rings having unequal spacings, between rings.
They appear to machine from differing thicknesses of Aluminium and cut the teeth at varying degrees of "off centre", with no particular standard. I feel they did this, to prevent folks using other manufacturers rings, so you had to buy a full matching set. I always found Middleburn cranks brilliant, but the rings very iffy at shifting and very poor on wear rates.

I shall keep you posted on the response I get. We shall see what they say on the topic of Spider or Rings.

Yeah from everything I can see, the spider looks spot on compared with the Manufacturer archive on here. I think it's more the modern rings. Anyway Middleburn are looking at it and Hopefully will give me an answer soon.

The crankset arrived back from Middleburn today. :D

No explanation given, but the granny ring now sport some 1.6mm thick alloy spacers between the ring and spider.

Will refit and try them out at the weekend. :)

Back