My aluminium bike I made in 1984 ----Plus restoration

Good to hear from you ph billet, its been a while ;)
I am sure there are many of us who will be eagerly awaiting these updates :cool:
Keep em coming.......many and often ;)
Jamie

Thank you all, the plans are just a fresh paint job and hopefully repairing the damage from my sprint fall in the 1994 Canberra to Goulburn classic my clevical is repaired but my Duraace 7400 STI are scraped at the front along with the Rolls saddle, found a saddle on eBay but the shifters are another matter,the bike has had a Campy record crank since the 80s and I would like to take it of and put it away safe for another project and find again eBay, a 7400 crank to make up the full group,I am from the era of walking into a bike shop and buying or have them order it in for me, I am starting to embrace this eBay thing and am hooked on all the retro parts available in Australia with local postage,a lot more around the world but the postage is more than the part!!!!.It's nice to see that people saw that Ive not been on here for a while the reason is that 18 months ago my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and she has been my focus with her chemo and radiation treatment, she is now well and things are a little more normal. I have been cycling since 1978 and the bike has been a great escape when I need to recharge.

Pictures of my frame sans paint

A few pictures of the frame in bare metal and polish.

Attachments

• IMG_0302 Small.jpg
    IMG_0302 Small.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_0302 Small.jpg
    IMG_0302 Small.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 701
Pictures sans paint

Attachments

• IMG_0304 small.jpeg
    IMG_0304 small.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0305 small.jpeg
    IMG_0305 small.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0306 small.jpeg
    IMG_0306 small.jpeg
    55.9 KB · Views: 697
  • IMG_0307 small.jpeg
    IMG_0307 small.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 697
That's fantastic. As an ALAN owner I love these early alu frames and the process that was used to make them. Seeing it coming from somebody's shed/garage/basement makes it all the more impressive. keep us posted on the resto!

Looking fantastic, but not half as good as your good news! Just coming out of a similar experience with my mum and it's amazing to still have her when at one point we were convinced of the worst.

Congratulations!

Now get painting... :LOL:

The resto

Found a San Marco Rolls sadle on eBay it arrived today the description said good condition ,but it looks NOS and a bargain at $16.50 I think the first one was around a hundred bucks 20 years ago, 7400 crank comming in a few days ,will wrap the campy record and put it up on the top shelf. :D :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 526
This bike is impressive. Must be very satisfying to have built your own bike from scratch.

Boom, that is stunning. Can't wait for the new build pics. What colour are you going for? Oh and what's the weight of the frame?

Back