PotM - December - My Trail

Status
Not open for further replies.
doctor-bond":fbhkit40 said:
Old. Wet. Real.

8255756550_5756a0e1e3_b.jpg

Crikey, that sounds like a dodgy mag I used to buy. I love the perspective, like when my dad took me on the top tube.

:)

Some nice pictures so far, but I wonder if anyone really is going to be jealous of a footpath through a wood?

trail_head":fa3bmkk8 said:
Hey Judges, 9 qualified shots. 15 that are not in compliance with the posted rules. What will you do come voting time?

Curious did my pic qualify?

Fall, three words, vintage bike?

Ductape":259gxty6 said:
trail_head":259gxty6 said:
Hey Judges, 9 qualified shots. 15 that are not in compliance with the posted rules. What will you do come voting time?

Curious did my pic qualify?

Fall, three words, vintage bike?

I'm not a judge but, If I were(I'm glad I'm not), I'd have to say no for your fork, brakes, bar and saddle. Sorry :oops:

Look closer. It's an old steel WTB Phoenix with currently a M900 drivetrain.

My only point is everyone is going to see what they want and draw their own conclusions.

Frame? Frame, fork? Frame, Fork, Wheels? How about Bottom bracket? Cables and housing? Chain? etc . How far should you go when you restore? What is vintage? What is Classic.......

Nothing but personal opinions. It doesn't really matter.

For myself, I have a few bike with everything on them era correct. I put this one together as it is with the intent of riding it hard. Someday I will replace the new with the old.

Here you go, I changed out three of the four for you. Does the same bike qualify now? Or do I need to change the bars also. Cable housing?

IMG_0500.jpg

Some will say yes, some will say no...

Nothing but personal opinions. It doesn't really matter.

I does matter to me. But, im not a judge.
This is the pre 98 forum. That means your xt vbrakes would disqualify you imo. Sorry again.

So I made those changes this morning for nothing?

Quick question, what year do you believe XT V brakes became available?

Ductapes's bike is in, it was before as well. It's a retrobike with some modern parts on, it is not a new bike with the odd retro part on.

Here are the last rules er written rules.

Rules are simple:

*Picture should be by you or of you.
*Picture should have a retrobike or at least a retro bike part in it (no not a 2012 Enduro with an ODI grip...).
*One pic/ entry per person.
*Pay attention to the 'theme' - that is the point after all.
*Nothing rude or dodgy please.
*Enjoy yourself - it's just a bit of fun.

Although not a rule as such, try and get out there and take new pics rather than submitting pics you've already posted on the site, it's the spirit of the comp...to get out and look and snap rather than showboat your already seen pics all be it even if they are lovely.

I know mine falls foul of the rule as there was no way I was going to throw my bike in the air to take it. I was however sat on the bike

--
though the original rules can still be seen in the FAQ's and are well much more relaxed.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9852
--

Damn, and there was me hoping to get extra credit by using period correct lube and filling the tyres with air bottled during cyclings belle epoch...

Must look elsewhere to get an edge - it's all aggregation of marginal gains as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back