Show us what you did today, thread

You'll need to give us a wee ride report ASAP, Ive always liked the look of these.
Whats the recommended length/travel of forks for them?

Braw :)

RobMac":2c2vtrm5 said:
You'll need to give us a wee ride report ASAP, Ive always liked the look of these.
Whats the recommended length/travel of forks for them?

Braw :)

Will do Rob.
I am a touch biased but I think they are great looking bikes, so if it rides half as good as it looks I will be happy enough. :LOL:

The frame weighs as much as the Kona Blink frame it has replaced, and I doubt I will notice any difference between Kona Chromoly and Reynolds 853, but time will tell.

As for fork travel.....
Pace website":2c2vtrm5 said:
The 104 is designed to take a 4inch (100mm) travel fork (hence the ‘4′ in 104) but will accept up to a 4 3/4″ (120mm) travel fork. In actual fact a 130mm could be fitted but given this travel of fork is no longer widely available 120mm is the realistic max

The forks I have fitted are 120mm so nearer the top end of the design. I have a rigid option for it, but with how the stable looks at the moment it will likely remain bouncy up front. :LOL:

busy beavers

Busy Beavers in the macretro camp...........or is that camp beavers busy in macretro?.......just a thought
Anyway, FFTC, that is a lovely looking pace, not usually my type of thing but yours looks really cool. Nice blue as well, matches the cross check ;)

Kaiser, Pugsley looks like its coming along nicely, those rims look the business for sure. I have seen the tartan rim strip, it looked....different :LOL:
Clubby, nice Pugs as well and glad someones got some half decent weather.

I better get mine ready, as you've seen I dont have too much to do. Do you still have those brakes for sale or are they gone?

Jamie

Took the old Canny up the Dechmont/Beecraigs hills for a good thigh burner. :D
Canny12123.jpg

Canny12122.jpg

Left crank arm came loose, :( but I've had this happen before with square drive BB's and usually a tot of Araldite helps. ;)

They're good hills, Kiethyr and I were up at Beecraigs a couple of weeks past, I rode up the hill from Linlithgow station, a tough climb but fantastically fast return later :cool:

Where were you the day Gazz? Crawfurdland?

Front bounce? Must have missed that, what have you got on there?

Yeah craufff and found another wee addition to the trails, which involved a hike a bike over a boggy field with a bit of sheep herding herding into the bargain- old school baby. Got the tora's a few weeks ago and even given they are heavy as feck the ride is loads better. It was cold out there but not as cold as your day out ill wager.

velomaniac":21paqkl5 said:
They're good hills, Kiethyr and I were up at Beecraigs a couple of weeks past, I rode up the hill from Linlithgow station, a tough climb but fantastically fast return later :cool:
Yup, especially in the wet when rocking a rear canti only! :shock:

My latest ebay purchase came through today. A nice little christmas present to myself.
A lovely NOS Brooks Conquest. :cool:

IMGP0433.jpg

IMGP0435.jpg

Very pleased as I have been looking for one for a while and got this for what I reckon is a decent price.

:D

Back