Drugs

Personally, I think some of us probably are aware there are better approaches to substance abuse than criminalising everything.

The whole argument by the elite that 'back in their day pot was so weak', so we need to stop the youth of today trying skunk is bogus.

Beer was generally weaker too, we just drank more of it to get the same effect.

It is a hypocritical pile of dogma.

A lot of heroin use has its origins with dealers of pot.

Fact.

Decriminalise boo and that link is broken.

Same story with ecstasy.

Yes one or two a year die due to complications, but hundreds or thousands use it every week.

Reduce it to a lower class and stop the hard stuff dealers connecting with their long term client base.

Oh, and while we are at it stop shoving alcohol adverts down the throat of mainstream pre-watershed television.

All this scrutiny for tea but they are still at that?

Sheesh!

P.S. Zappa was a phenomenal musician, composer and arranger.

He could not play like Hendrix though. Not in a million years, not if he took all the draw and acid in the universe.

If all you needed to do to play like James was to get high, how come it turned Clapton into an M.O.R.-on? Once the smack got hold of him, he lost whatever spark he had.

Keef seemed to get through it somewhat better, but his playing was all about ignoring the rules.

Countless others had their talent and life stolen by misuse, these were all creative people and that did not start with their drug use.

Sadly heroin is cheap, and because of that it is tempting for people with not much cash to try, but usually your 1st hit or two are free (the dealers and hardend users know what they are doing) also can be put into a spliff without you knowing.

At the local homeless hostel, it's about a 1/3 heroin 1/3 alcohol 1/3 no substance abuse..........troube is like prison it's easy to give in to peer pressure, and if you have lost hope drugs can be an escape.

It's a thin line between recreational hard drug use and regular use.
As for legal highs, just changing MDMA slightly on a chemical level does not make it safe. And these things are coming out at almost 1 a week in a different form or another.

Again alcohol causes so much damage. Did you know if you carry on drinking after you have vomited (through drinking) you are very close to the point of having your body just shut down and dying. It's a warning system to listen to.

I think we need to look at the reasons 'why' we take drugs more.

i suspect herion is so cheap as when it gets to the end user its is about 10 % pure. cut with all manner horrific substances.

highlandsflyer":2i003kip said:
The whole argument by the elite that 'back in their day pot was so weak', so we need to stop the youth of today trying skunk is bogus.

Sorry mate, skunk is waaaaaay stronger than it used to be. There is a reason why it is class A now, not your old school bushweed or block of solid, which remains class B. It's an entirely different hit, being completely monged out is de rigeur these days. There is very little of the giggles on skunk, just staring at a spot on the wall, dribbling.

Heroin is about 30% pure round here at the moment on average.........

Hybrid cannabis is very strong these days.......years ago a nice relaxing feeling could be justified by many (of course you still could have too much and be stuck in a chair for 3 hours, but it was a nice hit) but a lot of todays stuff depending on the source will jusy mess your thought up so much that prolonged use 'will' start to affect your mental health, just as being in any confused state for periods of time will affect your brain and mental health.

Not my point! :)

We are talking about the same psychoactive ingredients.

It is like comparing having a 2% beer to an 8% beer if you like.

You can opt to drink less of it, in terms of a bifter putting less in.

I smoke 80/20 grass. I wouldn't do that with skunk. Even the old shit.

:)

prohibition doesn't work. Look what happened in the states when they outlawed alcohol. It led to the rise of Al Capone, and all manner of others in the organised crime world controlling it, as people wanted it. People want drugs, right or wrong, so lets just take it out of the hands of criminals. Watch the crime rates fall through the floor.

I've seen comment about heroin addicts, that there will always be, and also of NL. NL has the smallest, and oldest population of junkies in the Western World. Their approach has led to fewer to walking that path

Back