another project 1990 tbg/kona cindercone splatter with pics!

Wow its looking good, You have done a nice job, Looking forward to seeing it in its splatter coat !
I am looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
Its a millon miles from how you got it from me.

Nice work, didn't have the balls to re-create the splatter on mine but you look as though you're very well prepared to lay done something faithful to the original.

The best thing about these frames is the ride, going from an alloy Kula to one of these is like going from wearing Dunlop Green flash to properly fitted cushioned running shoes.

A nice skinny steel quill stem takes away a lot of shock too, so much so that the NOS 1" Mag 21's I had lined up for it really aren't needed.

had a bit of time o do some more. the splatter took some effort tbh and aint perfect. daisy did a bit on the bars but it was too risky to let her loose with paints over much. anyway, what dya rek, its been lacquered as well now and is currently drying, along with the flexstem which a gave a quick blast of black to freshen it up :D

bars

P1030387.jpg

forks

P1030388.jpg

frame

P1030391.jpg

P1030393.jpg

P1030400.jpg

first complete wheel ive built in a very long time

IMAG1844.jpg

oops, wrong way lol
IMAG1848.jpg

thats better

IMAG1850.jpg

to go with the front
IMAG1853.jpg

trued and tensioned.....for now lol
IMAG1861.jpg

IMAG1862.jpg

hope daisy likes the tyre choice :D

firandsmoke.jpg

stem

IMAG1865.jpg

Looking good matey and don't be too harsh about the splatter...they were all done by hand after all! My Fire Mountain that I built up a few months back even had a thumb print on the headtube...should have taken a picture of that I suppose :)

Thats fantastic Chris, I never expected you to be able to get a finish like that!

Love it :D

Ok I'm just going to say it. I really admire the work and experimentation but the decal positioning is questionable and the original schema was proper nice. Ok i'm off to hide somewhere before I get flamed :-S

Back