British Steel

bought this off my old boss a while ago, but simply dont want to ruin it :? what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 1,061
Deb Murrell riding for Dave Yates.

Attachments

• Deb Murrell. Dave Yates.jpg
    Deb Murrell. Dave Yates.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 1,058
dav101":1kt74bkl said:
bought this off my old boss a while ago, but simply dont want to ruin it :? what do you guys think?

I have one, they are brilliant bikes. A quick change of stem and bars, maybe some bar ends (if you're so inclined) and you're done.

Sinnerman: Didn't Sally live just up the way from me in Cheltenham? I seem to remember that she was (is) a school teacher.

No photo's of Caroline Alexander?

NeilM":31wbcwh3 said:
dav101":31wbcwh3 said:

I have one, they are brilliant bikes. A quick change of stem and bars, maybe some bar ends (if you're so inclined) and you're done.

Sinnerman: Didn't Sally live just up the way from me in Cheltenham? I seem to remember that she was (is) a school teacher.

Im unsure where she was based, around that area somewhere i think.

Dont get me started on Caroline, we will get to page 50 of this thread and the entire contents will be pictures of her in cycling shorts...... :oops:

NeilM":1epx85b9 said:
dav101":1epx85b9 said:

i actually have it up for sale on here for 850. is this a realistic price? i was just going off what it would cost to build a modern version, but i only factored in the xt wheel/groupset , and frame (£1800 ish), without the cost for pedals, stem, bars,forks, seat and post, which would add a few quid on top.

dav101":23btkxvu said:
i actually have it up for sale on here for 850. is this a realistic price? i was just going off what it would cost to build a modern version, but i only factored in the xt wheel/groupset , and frame (£1800 ish), without the cost for pedals, stem, bars,forks, seat and post, which would add a few quid on top.

I am sorry to say that £850 is an optimistic price. I agree that a Yates of any sort, or Roberts or Rourke or any number of other hand made frames should be worth a fortune, but for some unaccountable reason a half decent American production bike will fetch more.

Use the search function to look up Yates in the for sale section, and that should give you a fair idea of what they have been sold for in the past.

If it's any help, I paid £250 for a 1995 bare frame in almost perfect condition, and I think I got an absolute bargain (thanks Stu), and mine is unusual, as it is made from Reynolds 731.

Sinnerman: I now know how you motivate yourself on those, leg burning, lung busting climbs. You think to yourself, 'I've got to keep going to the top, just in case Caroline Alexander is there, in her full race kit' ;)

I am sorry to say that £850 is an optimistic price. I agree that a Yates of any sort, or Roberts or Rourke or any number of other hand made frames should be worth a fortune, but for some unaccountable reason a half decent American production bike will fetch more.

Use the search function to look up Yates in the for sale section, and that should give you a fair idea of what they have been sold for in the past.

If it's any help, I paid £250 for a 1995 bare frame in almost perfect condition, and I think I got an absolute bargain (thanks Stu), and mine is unusual, as it is made from Reynolds 731.

thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated and a big help :) also put some more pics on in the sale part, the tubes are columbus Max OR, does this make it more desirable or not?

Mint Sauce Joe Burt and the Custom Painted Zinn.

Attachments

• JOE BURT AND THE CUSTOM PAINTED ZINN.jpg
    JOE BURT AND THE CUSTOM PAINTED ZINN.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 688
Back