1989 Orange Formula - pic update

That is just lovely Adrian. You must be grinning like a Chesire cat :)

Worth the wait in my opinion.

Have fun with the build.

Giom6":26u84ju8 said:

Have fun with the build.

Thanks Gio - yes I'm very happy.

stocko":26u84ju8 said:
Very nice Orange there mate....and one that would go well in my collection of oranges :LOL:

Your minty clockwork would go well in my collection ;)

nevadasmith":9sjssqpo said:
Giom6":9sjssqpo said:

Have fun with the build.

Thanks Gio - yes I'm very happy.

stocko":9sjssqpo said:
Very nice Orange there mate....and one that would go well in my collection of oranges :LOL:

Your minty clockwork would go well in my collection ;)

Glad your happy with it mate. :cool: That stems looks made to measure too. :cool: :cool:

nevadasmith":mhwnv3b7 said:
sinnerman":mhwnv3b7 said:
Glad your happy with it mate. :cool: That stems looks made to measure too. :cool: :cool:

Thanks Carl. Kevin thinks the stem is M Steel.

As i said i think the frames a Yates too... :cool:

Very nicely done, great resto all around, your bike is going to look mint when she's all done :)

sinnerman":xp3g4nqt said:
nevadasmith":xp3g4nqt said:

Don't think so - Dave Yates took a look and said def not one if his - serial number all wrong.

Kevin confirmed it as one of his made when he worked for donohue - lots of identifiers but mainly the serial number and orange logo embossed on the seat tube - that is a donhue thing. :)

The budding links in the early orange story so far on this site are both Yates built; Tushingham Works Replica and one if the two Yates built Formulas......... but someone will find one!

I wonder what happened to the other Donohue Formula that was on here?

nevadasmith":2nebz3s7 said:
sinnerman":2nebz3s7 said:
nevadasmith":2nebz3s7 said:

Don't think so - Dave Yates took a look and said def not one if his - serial number all wrong.

Kevin confirmed it as one of his made when he worked for donohue - lots of identifiers but mainly the serial number and orange logo embossed on the seat tube - that is a donhue thing. :)

The budding links in the early orange story so far on this site are both Yates built; Tushingham Works Replica and one if the two Yates built Formulas......... but someone will find one!

I wonder what happened to the other Donohue Formula that was on here?

Ok, It had to be either Yates or Donohue. I am surprised at a couple of things though, the first being frame number records, the last time i spoke to DY they didnt have any records.

But ifs hes physiclly looked at it, thats all the conformation i need.

Looks like my original theory at the beginning was right then, ref this one the yellow frame and the campag equipped version, all being Donohue.

Did you ask the Obvious question, did they ever work at TWG....? Im still intrigued.

:cool: .

sylus":1nt5zhs7 said:
My monies still on nevada chuckling like a man possesed with the bubble wrap

I bet today is bike building day.

Back