legrandefromage":26inlxyk said:
my favourite was LSD though... Jeeeze!

oops, sorry! musnt make light of it.

Baaad LGF...
I want a LSD on my Tomos..

Wait, it only has two wheels and a freakin' slow automatic two speed gearbox :(

B77":3lm9g32p said:
videojetman":3lm9g32p said:
my brother started off respecting pot, then started respecting lsd, eventually he started respecting coke & heroin.
then he started respecting my mums painkillers for her arthritis.
then he had a great respect for my record collection.
you just have to love respect.

Wow you can get a hit from Take That albums ? No one told me, do you smoke them or what ?

no take that, but plenty of prog rock.
he took a very rare 70's album worth around £500.
i can honetly say, seeing a person on smack is enough to put anyone off drugs.
i appreciate your attempt at humour but this subject hits a bit of a raw nerve.
especially when i saw my mum go without pain relief. suffering from severe arthritis.
my answer to the original post is. no i don't think drugs should be legalised.
but i respect everyone has a choice. just not a very good one.
JUST SAY NO KIDS

B77":3qurldj4 said:
My juvenile dream is absolutey fantastic, maybe you should try dreaming a bit more, if you can remember what it's like to have dreams ;)

Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion. But don't believe the moment you sink the big toke that you've seen the meaning of life. You've seen nothing.......you're just wasted.

Dreams fade, reality stays.

The real dreamtime waits for us all, ask an aborigine :)

I love that in the Woodstock movie.

Which I was in, sat listening to Janis with Jimi and Jimi with Janis.

Me, and five hundred odd mushies.

No regrets here.

Do you know how cheap heroin is now???

The only people making money are up the chain, we need to change the societal approach to drugs, not just cut off the supply.

highlandsflyer":93feks20 said:
Do you know how cheap heroin is now???

The only people making money are up the chain, we need to change the societal approach to drugs, not just cut off the supply.

would like to know were you get cheap heroin

a tenner bag wont last ye long

videojetman":3vh7l4mq said:
B77":3vh7l4mq said:
videojetman":3vh7l4mq said:
my brother started off respecting pot, then started respecting lsd, eventually he started respecting coke & heroin.
then he started respecting my mums painkillers for her arthritis.
then he had a great respect for my record collection.
you just have to love respect.

Wow you can get a hit from Take That albums ? No one told me, do you smoke them or what ?

no take that, but plenty of prog rock.
he took a very rare 70's album worth around £500.
i can honetly say, seeing a person on smack is enough to put anyone off drugs.
i appreciate your attempt at humour but this subject hits a bit of a raw nerve.
especially when i saw my mum go without pain relief. suffering from severe arthritis.
my answer to the original post is. no i don't think drugs should be legalised.
but i respect everyone has a choice. just not a very good one.
JUST SAY NO KIDS

At the last count I've lost 5 close freinds due to heroin overdose, I found 2 of them. As far as I'm concerned the problem isn't the drugs it's the people, all of my mates had what could be termed addictive personalities, if they drank, they drank hard and constantly, if they did speed they would be up for a week if there was anything around it would be done to death and then move on to something else. At lot of it is the fact that certain people won't say no.
How many on here have addictive/obsessive personalities, constanly buying and building bikes and flogging them on to get that other one that 'you've always wanted' because we have to have something in our lives to soften the harder edges of reality (or we think we do) I guarantee if it weren't retrobikes it would be something else, because we are so rarely happy with our lot.

B77":17lr0kz2 said:
At the last count I've lost 5 close freinds due to heroin overdose, I found 2 of them. As far as I'm concerned the problem isn't the drugs it's the people, all of my mates had what could be termed addictive personalities

How many of your friends have died due to their obsession with old bikes?

I have no morality concerns at all about drug usage by individuals, but you have to admit there is a problem when so many people with "addictive personalities" find it so easy to kill themselves with hard drugs. I suspect they would do it whether drugs are legal or illegal.

It's not the same as suicide because I doubt whether any of them start out taking hard drugs with the intention of killing themselves.

Some people have been lucky enough to use drugs and suffer no long term problems, others, as shown above, are not so lucky.

The trouble is, like everyone else in this thread, whether they've used drugs or not, I have my opinions but don't have the answer.

Back