Raleigh Special Products Full Sus Prototype

Can anyone help me?
What size Bottom Bracket (Spindle length) for the 853 framed full susser?

ibbz":2xyr1emc said:
Can anyone help me?

Good question...

...calling bikemeister2000, calling bikemeister2000 :cool:

We_are_Stevo":29czpj36 said:
ibbz":29czpj36 said:
Can anyone help me?

Good question...

...calling bikemeister2000, calling bikemeister2000 :cool:
Ain't you got one? Or sold it? And did it already have a BB?

All depends on your cranks, tis a 68mm shell tho (853 frame). I'm just modernising mine and have just fitted an external bb crankset.

poweredbypies":34wi46aq said:
All depends on your cranks, tis a 68mm shell tho (853 frame). I'm just modernising mine and have just fitted an external bb crankset.

Any pics of your build? And what's an external BB??

Still got mine, got a triple-clamp fork for it coming via Santa :)

It didn't come with a BB fitted but I have a UN92 to go in it; Raceface crankset on quite a long axle as it's quite wide at the lower pivot?

We_are_Stevo":3fein32q said:
Still got mine, got a triple-clamp fork for it coming via Santa :)

It didn't come with a BB fitted but I have a UN92 to go in it; Raceface crankset on quite a long axle as it's quite wide at the lower pivot?

Interesting, I bought a UN55 with 118mm spindle - would that be long enough? Or would I need longer? I'm using Syncros forged cranks with Sun Ringle rings - compact-ish.
These very ones which i bought :
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=229700&highlight=syncros+cranks

Re:

Sorry about the resurrection of this thread but a few months back I bought a RSP 400 from I think '98/99 or thereabouts - which is related to Bikemeister's prototype.
I did message Bikemeister2000 about it as this didn't resemble any of the Catalogue bikes - which all, though in the same colour and catalogue spec looked like the Reynolds 853 versions, also any Alu versions I've seen on the Web look slightly different than this - the rear shock layout differs.

Anyway, Bikemeister stated: "Yeah, the one in your photo is a 7005 alloy frame made to our design by A-Pro in Taiwan.
It's what should have been in the catalogue but was late in arriving. I had to use our own 853 version for the photo shoot instead.
Some of the early orders were filled with the 853 frame too".

This bike was decent enough but put together with parts bin stuff.
I thought I'd give it some love and have replaced a few bits, namely the seatpost, Fork, saddle, Rear Mech, Shifters, Stem, Bars.
These photos show it before I replaced the LX Rear Mech and Shifters for the XTR M950.

I'm looking for a wheelset, crankset, brakeset to finish her off.
I was thinking about a wheelset with XTR M950 hubs.
XTR M950 crank set in that superb Grey.
Brakes - tricky, I might go for disks, a Magura Julie from this period - so the wheelset/hubs got to be compatible.

Thing is, I only bought this as a cheap runaround while I built my other (Dynatech MT4 and MTrax) back up - instead I've ended up spending and getting some nice bits for this and I am starting to like it a lot!
Still a fair way to go - what do you guys think?

Stem - XLite Fly
Bars - XLite Risers
Seatpost - USE Alien
Saddle - WTB SST98
Fork - Magura Rond 024u Air
Rear Shock - Rock Shox Deluxe
FM - XT M75x
RM - XTR M950
Shifters - XTR M950

Currently has LX cranks and Brakeset. RSP wheelset.

image1-2.jpg

image2.jpg

This is how it was when I bought it - I reckon I've smartened her up a bit

image1-3.jpg

Looking nice, but your not going to be able to run 950 hubs and disc's, maybe some hope disc hubs, in red :cool:

Mark

Back