What is your best answer to spam calls

If I'm with someone... Loud speaker....
'Can I ask you a question?'
Would you like to buy a phone?
I've a very good one for sale...
They normally hang up on you but sometimes you can get a good 20mins of them dodging you and vise versa. Works better if you add beer :)

Windows help center
Keep them on the line whilst I switch on the computer
Cos it's in the loft
Drag it on for a bit asking various dumb questions
Then when I get to the ip address bit a quote the time
Ooh it's not on the Internet son is the next answer

Or I just tell them to **** off

"Sorry, I can't talk at the moment. But if you give me your home number, I'll call you back later."

Which usually gets a response along the lines that "We do not take business calls at home, sir."

Which lets me use "So what makes you think I want to?"

Or they open with "This is a call about your computer..." To which I respond "I don't own a computer. Goodbye." I am, in this case, telling the truth. The computer belongs to work.

Last PC help place I started talking and taking in all the patter then said sorry someone was at the door and could they hold. I cam back to the phone after 20 minutes to apologise and they were still waiting, then 15 minutes later came back and they were still there so I hung up. they tried to call me back 3 times so I answered in French each time and they gave up. Funnily enough we don't get so many calls from that type of business now.

Carl.

My stock response is "Let's cut to the chase. How much is it gonna cost per minute for you to talk dirty to me?"

Whenever I got a call from a newspaper or magazine subscription service, I got rid of them with two words------- I'm Blind....

Back