Bloomin Snow

My kids love me doing handbrake turns in Halfords carpark in the snow! :D

Of course it is purely to teach them the dangers of driving in the snow. ;)

SNAKEBITER":248vu392 said:
My kids love me doing handbrake turns in Halfords carpark in the snow! :D

Of course it is purely to teach them the dangers of driving in the snow. ;)

sylus":248vu392 said:
And o course to teach them the skills of driving in the snow

Lol, that reminds me of a good snowfall we had a few years ago when id not been driving long, 1.1 H plate mk3 fiesta, empty carpark at about 1am, quite a way from anything residential and i was having a right merry time flying up and down, nipping the handbrake, going slideways and alsorts!

All of a sudden i became aware that a pair of headlights had appeared right ontop of me so let off the throttle and brakes and the car slid to a sheepish stop....

Marked police transit, damnit!!

Got out and wandered over, to be asked what i was doing, i stuttered that id never driven in the snow before (thinking on your feet at its finest) and was practising making my car lose control, and then trying to correct it, sort of get a bit of snow driving experience where it was quiet (there were one of two small trees, and a handfull of kerbs and that was it in the way of obstacles).

There was a silence and then a laugh from the copper who replied that my answer, was either A, the quickest bullsh*t anyone had ever made up, or B, well rehearsed bullsh*t!

He said the fact that he had been watching me from the drivethrough (closed) of the kfc behind me for about twenty minutes, and that id clearly been playing at drifting and had been getting pretty good at it (lol) gave me away slightly!

I was expecting a fine and points and such at this point, when he told me there was an element of truth in what id said, that id picked the right place and time to do what i was doing, and that in his opinion more should do similar to learn car control in bad weather, he said he couldnt condone or allow what i was doing, then added he would be back that way in about half an hour and that id better not be there when he returned!

Was very shocked as id never met a sound and reasonable copper before that in my (very short at that time) driving experience, and it taught me a lot about respect for them, as he couldve come over and fined me for dangerous/careless driving and probably a couple of other things, but he didnt :cool:

Apologies for the essay but i still remember that everytime it snows!

First real snow of the year today we live about 1km off the road, great fun getting home :D

P1030595.jpg

P1030590.jpg

P1030592.jpg

legrandefromage":2wqff63m said:
If it was July, then I would be worried

Two of my buddies raced the Kamikaze ay Mammoth in July 95. Practice runs in the morning, snowboarding in the afternoon. They had to clear the XC course with SnoCats that year.

And we find it amusing when we see the TV reports of the "Snowmageddon" you get on occasion over there.

Back