1990/91 Bottechia SLX

torqueless":4q7gp73r said:
I got this wrong myself on another thread, but it seems to be Bottecchia, not Bottechia... just sayin'...
Yep 2 Cs
Pronounced Botty-key-er not botETCHyer :0)

I think this looks better with the Chorus brakes. If you do upgrade to Delta's thought, the Chorus calipers could go for over £80 which would offset the cost nicely.

Matt_wood55":3k4i5jss said:
I think this looks better with the Chorus brakes. If you do upgrade to Delta's thought, the Chorus calipers could go for over £80 which would offset the cost nicely.

Im in 2 minds about the brakes, anyone want to swap with me? Not likely! I'll sit on it for a while, meanwhile I found a bike on FLIKR that had a chainset like mine with the spider arm and left crank painted white with Campagnolo in red letters running down them. Anyone seen this before, how is it done, regular paint, powered coat? Ive attached the photo

Attachments

• pantographed Chesini.jpg
    pantographed Chesini.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 1,169
Every time I convince myself to splash out and waz a lot of money on something carbon and electric geared, something like this pops up.

Modern bikes just can't have that depth of colour can they?

Those lugs as well. Lovely.

Nice weather this morning, final pictures finished off with bar tape, dare I risk a ride...and clean

Attachments

• Bottecchia side.jpg
    Bottecchia side.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,248
  • Bottecchia front.jpg
    Bottecchia front.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,248
Final picture with Time pedals and shoes ready to ride.

Attachments

• Bottecchia Time Pedals and Shoes.jpg
    Bottecchia Time Pedals and Shoes.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,243
absolute quality, delicious looking machine.

you have to be loving such a result. as much as I think the painted spider works on that Chesini, imagine how gutted you'd be as soon as it got marked or scratched :roll:

FINNEY1973":2mow1d9s said:
absolute quality, delicious looking machine.

you have to be loving such a result. as much as I think the painted spider works on that Chesini, imagine how gutted you'd be as soon as it got marked or scratched :roll:

Thanks, your are right, I'll be leaving it as it is, truly happy with this now. One point though I think id put Giro D'Italia bars like the ones on this on all older bikes in future as the drop is less than the Champion Del Monde's

Back