Jacintha Saldanha

Status
Not open for further replies.

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Having done my time working for the NHS it is impossible to believe this nurse was not made to feel her career was at risk following her breach of patient confidentiality.

R.I.P. another victim of the anachronism that is the monarchy.

With all due respect the Monarchy is hardly to blame here. If it were an A list celeb, there would also have been the same sort of media interest.

Secondly the hospital in question is not NHS.

I was shocked to hear of her death and understand you have a similar reaction, but just thought these points needed to be made in the interest of balance, clarity and in the latter instance, accuracy...

You don't go from normal to suicide at the flick of a phone call you just don't and how on earth it's the monarchy's fault is a clutch at straws from an anti monarchist

She made a genuine mistake but a mistake never the less and no doubt would have received a slap on the wrist of some kind but that would have happened if any patients details would have been divulged over the phone

It's a shame she felt she needed to do this but it was her choice and a decision by a long troubled person

It is very sad that someone should feel so desperate, it must have been the last straw though. Not the monarchy's fault though, even though I'm a believer in a republican society.

Alison

JeRkY":2q2ri46d said:
With all due respect the Monarchy is hardly to blame here. If it were an A list celeb, there would also have been the same sort of media interest.

Secondly the hospital in question is not NHS.

I was shocked to hear of her death and understand you have a similar reaction, but just thought these points needed to be made in the interest of balance, clarity and in the latter instance, accuracy...

I worked for the NHS for years, and was a union rep.

That is background to my opinion.

It is hardly a case of an ordinary A-list celeb.

The world was spinning on this story.

The pressure that nurse was under was immense.

Ignorant presumptions about her mental health are merely that.

Anyone can be overwhelmed by a situation like that.

union and rep and anti monarchist well the two seem to be a qualification of the other

The palace has declared they made no complaint about the call describing it as an internal matter for the hospital and in opposite direction of the false claims have said they are said and found her to be an excellent nurse and were supportive of the nursing team

A point that is being overlooked is that she was not the nurse who disclosed details but merely on that day the receptionist who transferred the call to the ward.

On that basis the sudden suicide if it is that(we still do not know) would seem to me of a personal issue. I hope they find out how she died if nothing more than to give her family peace and closure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back