Raleigh Dynatech Diablo DX

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok so after winning a Karma competition last month i took delivery of this wonderful, colourful frame and forks, and numerous other bits'n'pieces to get me on my way. Big thanks goes to racin'snake and his missus for a great competition resulting in my Titanium MTB build. Anyway I thought id better get my latest addition ready for an Xmas run through Thetford Forest (With Xmas Jumper). This is the first part of the build so things may change as it evolves, but so far i'm really loving how its taking shape.

So here it is my early 90's Raleigh Dynatech Diablo DX.

Gave it a quick clean and polish and it came up a treat, for the age its held its colour well and not faded much at all. After trawling the Man Cave i put some parts together and came up with this :)

So far it's sat on some Mavic 217 SUP Rims hooked up with Suntour Hubs and clad in WTB Amberwall tyres.
It has a Tioga Prestige T-Bone Stem with some unknown brand gloss black alloy bars.
Shimano Deore Thumbies and Dia-Comp levers make up the control center.
More parts and update on this build will be added next weekend :)

Currently sourcing some DX mechs, but may have to fit LX as an interim measure.

Ok pics now the correct way up, thanks sylus :D

Attachments

• IMG_3451.jpg
    IMG_3451.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,906
  • IMG_3452.jpg
    IMG_3452.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,902
  • IMG_3450.jpg
    IMG_3450.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,906
  • IMG_3449.jpg
    IMG_3449.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,908
Nice tribute to the bonded frame technology by sticking the bike to the ceiling in the first pic :LOL: .

Good to see another Dynatech being given a second chance and look forward to seeing the finished bike.

sylus":3kqg1i4s said:
Can anyone Karma jussa a camera that takes pictures the right way up :LOL: :LOL:

I've done all this on my iPhone looks ok??? Must view on my PC I guess lol :)

Edit - Pics now the correct way up, will get some better ones next weekend.

Good to see you putting this together Jussa after robbing me of it in that Karma comp - lol ! I'd better see if I can get my stuck BB out and get mine started in time for the bike to match the Xmas jumper challenge. Mines a red/black/white flavor and will be going a bit retromod with RC31 forks, front disc etc. Love these bikes. :)

I have a DX front mech kicking about that I'd be happy to donate to the build...its a band on type but it doesn't have the band!

Wook

wookiee":12fgr7w1 said:
I have a DX front mech kicking about that I'd be happy to donate to the build...its a band on type but it doesn't have the band!

Wook

Hi Wook, thanks for the offer :) got one now, and a rear on its way, some more will be done this weekend, so standby :D

Back