la mia Alpinestars TI-mega 1992 with campy

adri.75

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hello guys
I finally get to present my Alpinestars TI-mega (do not know the year of production, but I suppose 91 to 93). I've searched a long in ltaly, I could not find it, but last year at this time I won an auction on ebay and I've brought home!
I was very happy, fast shipping, but when I open the package ......................... I see that now there was a crack in the weld and in the vertical pipe (Behind the bottle cage). From the photos could not see anything, the seller knows nothing about it, so we agreed via paypall for a partial refund.

2011-12-06+10.45.15+%5B1280x768%5D.jpg

IMG_6272+%5B1280x768%5D.JPG

IMG_6266+%5B1280x768%5D.JPG

it was hard to wait all this time having the components ready to be assembled and the frame with a crack.

Thanks to another italian biker Guido, aka Novekili we managed to have it repaired by a famous Italian welder, "TOMMASINI."

http://www.tommasini.it/home.php

It took a long time, not for the type of repair, but because they work mostly steel and aluminum. We had to wait which would call into the production of titanium frames new.
Certainly seeing the finished result, it came very nice, surely robust than before. The welder has reported that the break is started from welding for an impurity and is then continued for the tube.

2012-11-23+19.11.38+%28Copia%29.jpg

ps: sorry for my language, I hope you understand what I am writing :oops:

the group is a mixed campagnolo Icarus /record OR

2012-11-15+13.45.33.jpg

while I was waiting I did redo the decals from Gil-m, came very well, but I used only those that were ruined

That's very nice :cool:

Im pretty sure their was an Italian rider sponsored by Alpinestar in the mid nineties who did all the Grundig rounds.Dont know if he had Campy though.

player":1v6jqogw said:
That's very nice :cool:

Im pretty sure their was an Italian rider sponsored by Alpinestar in the mid nineties who did all the Grundig rounds.Dont know if he had Campy though.

I do not know the name of this rider.
the campy is beautiful, but it definitely works better shimano :cool:

Latest posts

Back