91' Marin Eldridge & PineMountain..a brace of Zolatones

Powder coating

Heres a picture before for colour. It was matched to a RAL colour swatch that they have and went a shade lighter,20 odd years of mud had dulled it a bit,don't think the bike had been cleaned since it was new! The only place you could tell was under the front mech clamp and under the decals.

Attachments

• Marin Eldridge4.jpg
    Marin Eldridge4.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 775
  • Marin Eldridge1.jpg
    Marin Eldridge1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 775
Looks fantastic, I did not know zolatone came in different shades, thanks for pointing this out to me brocklanders.

Blimey, quite a bit of activity on this thread - I should check back more frequently! Unfortunately not a lot more activity on the Eldridge tho, still looking all naked (but stored in the spare room to avoid rust issues......)

Top looking bike Lee - looks great!

Simon - would love to catch up soon and see the Muirwoods. Upcoming weekends are looking busy but the xmas hols are approaching fast so maybe sometime then (or could pop over one eve)?

sherlylock":3dv1w7p6 said:
Rich34":3dv1w7p6 said:
That's a proper mountain bike. :cool: Look forward to seeing it finished. The zolatone paint jobs were never my thing back in the day - for some reason I always thought they made the bikes "look" heavy. But 20 years on and I quite fancy one...

Me too. I can remember seeing '91/'92 Marins (grey/black/neon type colour schemes) back when I was a teenager riding around on my '93 Bear Valley thinking how much I preferred mine over the earlier models. Def. not the case now........funny how time changes your perception.... :)

Another here and I passed on a NOS Pine in '93 that was Zolatone and had Manitou 2 forks over the Butler I have, but now I like the dark grey Zolatone finish of the 91 bikes.

Carl.

Re: Powder coat finish

2012_12_05_256_1_165.jpg

That's a extremely good zolatone finish. Think between yours and mine, we could be on the track of the holy grail. :cool:

Thought I'd best update this......not been on here for a while!

My current 1990 Pine Mountain has been decommissioned (stuck seatpost!) and I've stripped it and swapped all the bits onto the 1991 frame......

Here she is in the snow earlier this week (on the knobblies)

PineFresh by sherlylock, on Flickr

I hadn't touched mine throughout winter, but finally got round to cleaning up the last caliper on Saturday, and swapping the HG cassette onto the Araya RM20 rims that I bought.
All that's left is to refit all the gear cabling and she'll be finished... Hopefully full set of pics for retrobike in the next week or two. :cool:

Looking sweet Mart I have to admit I think I prefer the 91 slightly darker zolatone and the colour coordinating decals...but any zolatone looks good to my eyes! I may be starting another one soon now that the Team is finished...What are you going to do with the 1990 PM?

Back