Perry Allsop Softride

Frame

Hi Rob.
I think it is a Allsop frame with another fork. I finished my Allsop building and will post it here soon.
The frame looks exactly like my Allsop frame. The Allsop brothers were the first, who build those bikes. The softride company still exists, but produce only bike racks now. In a email they answered me, that the bike produktion stopped 10 years ago.
For me, PERRY seems to be a private name. What is the Logo at the front tube?

Greetings from germany, LikeBike

hi
any progress on this build?
more pictures?
i've always thought these were cool bikes.
in an oddball sort of way that is. :oops:
another of the love them or hate them.
they do get noticed.
roy

I've had a problem with the headset and so the build hasn't been going well. Going to order a new one today and hopefully it'll be sorted.

Seem to have been having problem after problem with it - just niggly component issues but so frustrating. I've taken the cranks on and off about 8 times and its doing my head in!

I think I've got all the bits now though, so hopefully I can get it completed soon.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225448

z4gsjfzaa2dm.jpg

ae586d17.jpg

Almost finished!

I've never had so much stress building a bike than this one. Nothing to do with the Allsop system, it's just that everything I fitted didn't work, or wasn't compatible, or something.

It's got some modem bits on it as I was supplied with them by the owner, so HT2 LX cranks and Avid v's and modern tyres aren't going to please everyone but its not my bike to be able to change things. It's going to be ridden and cherished for a long time.

Things I had to do unexpectedly:

Buy new forks
File down those forks to fit the headset
Get Bb shell faced and chased
File down inner chainring to fit
Respray seat clamp satin black
Fit the cranks about 50 times as I just could not get them sorted!
Polish stem
Renew 7sp cassette - 20yrs of caked on grime took hours to shift
Find new wheels.

It's been a nightmare to be honest. And I can't even ride it in the end!

Will be finished soon and I'll take pics of the result.

Back